My side effects that persist today

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Norway

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

What is your current age, height, weight? 24 Years old

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? I used a DHT derivative anabolic compund

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 400mg/week

What condition was being treated with the drug?

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 4 months

Date when you started the drug? July 2019

Date when you quit the drug? November 2019

Age when you quit? 22

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? Didn’t notice until I got off, although side effects probably came while usikg just didn’t pay attention

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[x] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x]Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x] Watery Ejaculate
[x]Reduced Ejaculate
[x]Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x]Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x]Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x]Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[x]Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x]Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x]Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x]Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x]Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[x]Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[x]Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x]Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[x]Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[x] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? HCG, nolvadex, clomid, TRT, herbs and supplements from A-Z

Has any of these had an effect, good or bad, that you’d like to share?

Personally I have avoided all the “protocols” suggested by others; the results are too varied and often contradictory. I’m waiting for nature to take its course, I guess. Jim

Unfortunately no. I just want to clarify that I did not take Finasteride or a 5AR inhibitor. I used an anabolic compound from and underground lab, a DHT derivate which was supposed to be a pretty mild compound (primobolan). I however got a crash and the only similiar symptoms I found was with people from this forum. I know people will say I just have hypogonadism from running a cycle, but no. My bloodwork is fine, test level is 607ng/dl and everything is in check. When I crashed I had constant panick attacks, zapping pain in my genitals (which subsided after a few months, then completely numb dick), non existent libido, memory issues/brainfog, joint pain and on it goes. Still I feel sorry for you guys because atleast in your case you weren’t stupid like me. All you guys wanted was to prevent some hairloss and got fucked by an evil ass corp like Merck. Even though I haven’t been ruined by Merck, I hope those responsible for hiding fin and its side effects get will be held responsible. I feel for all of you so much, i really do.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind sharing, what were you treating with the primobolan? I’m always seeing different meds and substances mentioned here that I don’t know what they’re for. I’m just amazed how many drugs cause post usage syndromes with no recognition. I mentioned post-drug syndrome to my GP, not even any specifically, and she dismissed it as a layman’s term with no validity.

Are you sure it was Primobolan? Maybe you got Deca instead.

Primobolan is very hard to come by, and most UG is faked / wrongly labeled.

Deca is well known to cause “PFS”-type symptoms and it’s also a very potent anti androgen (but it’s still very anabolic).

It’s because Deca is a substrate for 5AR and instead of making it more androgenic (as it does with T > DHT) it actually makes Deca less androgenic. Which is why Deca is considered “hair safe”.

Not sure if true in your case, but could be a possibility.

1 Like

I share the same experience as you when mentioning these terms to my GP, they are all clueless about these terms. I wasn’t treating any condition I was a gymrat with body image disorder and wanted to do a cycle.

I’ve always speculated that it might have been Deca. I know Primo is the most faked anabolic, but when I was running it my hair was falling out badly, and Deca doesn’t do that, so yeah I’m not really sure what to make of it.

It has been nearly 30 years of lives ruined by fin, and merck must know this is happening. Why do they not take action , reach out to the victims?

We all know the answer. $$$$$

If they admit the harm they’ve done, the compensation would be enormous. How many brands of fin would be pulled off the market? More lost $$$$.

No, we can wish and hope and pray, but Big Pharma will never make us right voluntarily or willingly. May the wrath of God be poured out onto them. Jim

@mstone @Exsexgod @LazarusRy @Taw

4 Likes

Well said

2 Likes

Amen

2 Likes