My official post on my recovery

How are you doing these days? Still recovered completely without supplements?

1 Like

I also take ALCAR 500 mg per day and it really benefits me except libido. But when I stop I come back to my baseline after few days. How are you today? Still recovered?

How long have you been taking it and do you take it on an empty stomach?
What sides did it help with?

Currently 3 months on empty stomach. Helps my brain fog and energy

From my experience there is a general recurring theme in my recovery thus far that over time I get more excitation ability and less inhibition neurologically. Simply increasing the intake of raw caffeine doesn’t work. Extra coffee improves the sensory brightness but drinking more than in the morning leads to more periods of energy crashes but the increased arousal and erectile ability remains. Increasing my methyl-b12 dose helped the most in that area without the energy crash like drinking extra coffee did. I need a lot more of it now to function though and under 2000 mcg my body just feels too shutdown for lack of a better way to describe it than pre-this condition.

It feels like the body has some problem perpetuating a natural specific excitory neurotransmitter cascade that when broken by fin/sp/whatever is extremely difficult to get back online again. I think dopamine can be an issue for us but just increasing dopamine isn’t it either. Like you said it may not enough norepinephrine production to perpetuate some cycle. MY case was a lot more complex and I definitely had more than problems with excitation but when I tried adrenal cortex alone I only got wired and extremely anxious at a baseline level, when I tried it with yohimbine I felt somewhat more normal and the next morning I had more sensory sharpness that was just like my pre-sp state when highly stimulated. Like I said larger amounts of coffee and higher methyl-b12 are the only things able to trigger that whatever it is again that allows normal functioning of that system. If I stop the extra coffee it immediately drops off the next day upon not having the extra around the same time of day and leaves me feeling worse so it appears to have a sensitization factor. Sustained methyl-b12 at my personal level that works and keeping coffee intake to the morning allows it to get back online again more naturally in a more sustained fashion. Maybe the alcar cycle will reveal a bit more to me on what is going on here, not too worried about any regressions from it since I can’t find any from it here or any other forums.