My official post on my recovery

At the same time though, I see a lot more positive results with longer term fasting here than intermittently fasting. Also low carb diets in combination with IF would not break you out of ketosis, I would be willing to bet after weeks that would end up being anti androgenic.

I myself noticed 80% recovery for a day when I broke my 3 day fast with a no carb meal, then carb backloaded at night… the fasting and no carb mea put me in an anti androgenic state, opening the receptors potentially, then the insane amount of carbs I ate was pro-androgenic. This hasn’t been replicable for me though, not like St. John’s wort has.

Took 2 times 1.5 g of ALCAR. I had a bad reaction, penis got smaller, depression increased.

Don’t know if that means that it isnt for me, or if I should take it in smaller quantities and cycle it as intended. Maybe the system somehow bounces back stronger in the off days(?)

1 Like

Now that’s interesting. I have just found this thread and trying to understand this whole variety of recovery stories. I guess we have 2 types in general:

• By increasing Androgens or AR
  • By decreasing Androgens or AR

I think the second one is related to overexpressed AR due to PFS. Hence, why many of us felt bad on Proviron.

My symptoms are mostly prostate related, should i give this (Rhodiola) a go? Maybe my prostate has overexpressed AR? Anyone can explain how an anti androgen could cure our damaged AR?

Sorry if i asked this before but can you please state which symptoms resolved when you had those recoveries with TRT? Also why you jumped on TRT instead of HCG or something? Isn’t TRT is a lifelong hole?

• Did you have erect penis size loss, numb orgasms and low semen volume? Did they came back to 100% pre-pfs state when you recovered? I just need some hope that it is all reversible, thanks man.

Sorry to bumping three posts in a row but im off Proviron atm and trying to figure out a smart move to make in order to boost my expected recovery/improvement. Would you guys advise to do some 3 day fast to increase AR?
Although the main idea why i used proviron was to decrease the overexpressed AR… God im so confused. Really at total loss.

I would recommend going outside, getting UV sun exposure and exercise for 1 hour or even more if you feel like it. Sweat your ass off and everything will just be much better. If you have a routine that’s starting to work don’t add anything stupid and just give it time. As for diet, eat clean, fruits, vegetables, and meat and avoid processed foods, they have anti androgens that will harm your progress.

2 Likes

Did you feel better or worse on proviron?

Was it only libido and sensivity that recovered during cycling? Did brainfog also got better or was it already gone?

Trt can be lifelong if you do not add HCG … HCG keeps the balls working but Can cause estrogen issues. For me trt is like winning the lottery. I’m happy to take this for the rest of my life. I think we have talked before and your estrogen is tanked. You will have to wait weeks to recover. Proviron will slow your recovery from crashing your estrogen

you have had pfs for years but only became a member here in June. I would like to know what other forums you ve been surfing and did you give the same advice to the users on them. i believe your intentions and sharing your story are honest but just seems a little fishy. my apologies otherwise.
I started you protocol with 1000 mg of acetyl-l-carnitine which i havent tried before and have found that my energy certainly was boosted, my ibs has settled almost instantly which is nothing short of remarkable, also a bit of fog has lifted. but i am feeling quite off and my body has this like hollow feeling which is weird and comes waves of not feeling comfortable to feeling comfortable.

How were your first days on the supps?
and are there others here that can recall their first impressions on Acetyl-l-carnitine?

1 Like

@Livid171 was only active on here for a few posts. But those supps he recommended turned out to be great for alleviating my mental and physical fatigue and digestion issues. I started them after my Proviron protocol, and saw continued improvements so I’m convinced they help.

I cycle them a little differently, and add maca and ashwagandha to the mix.

I took 2 500 mg pills yesterday morning and was jacked up all day and had a horrible sleep as a result. Pretty sure I was awake all night. How were your first days on it? If I can’t sleep I can’t take it. Does the maca and ashwaganda help counteract that side effect for you and help you get sleep when you take the alcar

1 Like

@betweenjobs I couldn’t remember my original handle when I revisited this forum again recently. I started lurking on this forum probably nine or ten years ago. At some point I switched over and was primarily perusing through the posts on solvepfs.com, but that forum seems to be no more for some reason.

If you read my original post, I credit my recovery mostly to Rhodiola, although I know Acetyl-L-Carnitine helped and is fantastic for clearing the fog.

I’m not sure on what to say in regards to the hollow feeling you speak of. I would say PFS in general makes you feel pretty hollow.

Maybe dial back the ACL. You might be sensitive to it. It should help you sleep better.

1 Like

@renegade I’ve been meaning to follow up with you. I saw in a previous post you were going to give this a shot.

Keep going. You will feel better every cycle. The “off” cycle is just as important as the “on” cycle I think. It’s like the constant on and off is shaking PFS loose or something. Every time you start an “on” period again your tolerance of the supplements is back to zero and it hits the PFS hard.

1 Like

@Livid171 Great to hear from you again! I think cycling these supplements really have been a game changer for me, so I’m grateful for your protocol.

@betweenjobs You could dial back the ALCAR (but not the Rhodiola) and/or add in some Ashwagandha (at least 500mg) for those jacked up nights (best taken in evening/night). I can definitely feel the calming effect from the Ashwaganda.

The Maca is just something I randomly throw in my smoothies, and not really anything I can attribute any definitive improvements to. It’s another adaptogenic herb that’s good for overall health.

i will try again with 500mg and hopefully compliment it with the Rhodiola do help with the sleep

did either of you find that your mental sides could be treated with gaba modulators such as benzos and taurine for examples, which improved for short periods of times. and using this protocol helped alleviate your mental sides the same way but permanent? just trying to find out if your sides are similar to mine. I have an interview tomorrow and was really desperate and took 1000mg today of taurine which has has a very positive impact for today and I will take them tomorrow again in the morning to get me through.

1 Like

Just remember that both ALCAR and Rhodiola must be taken in the morning on empty stomach (at least 30 min before meal). No more after that. Ashwagandha can be taken anytime, but many (including myself) reserve it for evenings for calming effects.

I never experimented with taurine but have heard good things about it on here recently re effects on GABA. I am at the moment taking a high dose of GABA to try to regulate those receptors (I’m on my two-week break from the other stuff). In the past, GABA has been an absolutely terrible supplement for calming me. It strangely had the opposite effect - chiefly, the insomnia you are describing. Benzos, on the other hand, work like a charm, but I really don’t like to take/depend on them. If the taurine helps, definitely use it to get you through the tough days/nights. Small doses of melatonin can also be helpful.

Yes, @Livid171‘s protocol and Ashwagandha have been especially good for my mental sides. It’s the libido that still hasn’t shown much improvement yet…but that might be hormonal.

1 Like

Are there any particular brands you recommend? Based in the UK if that helps.

1 Like

The Now Foods brand tends to be the best for most supplements. I also like Nature’s Way, Jarrow and Pure Encapsulations when NF isn’t available.

Anyone have any luck trying this? Still 100% recovered here. I see a lot of posts on other threads where people are skeptical of recovery stories.

I remember all too well what it was like. I want people to know how this feels.

5 Likes