My "full recovery" from a 5ar inhibitor

I still did not post my story here. Short Version: Took accutane 23 years ago. My gut was completely messed up since then. Took Finasteride 15 years ago. Messed up Libido and brain.

Never thought that accutane and fin could be the reason for my problems until I read about pfs 4 months ago.

İ always had gut problems since accutane and they got way worse in 2012. Could not eat anything anymore and lost 10kg.

3 months ago I did a elemental diet (wich was a miracle for my gut) for 13 days and recovered for a short time of 2 months. Libido was insane and brain was super clear. But only after İ started daily b12 injections together with folic acid.

Then last month I decided to take Fluconazol to finally get rid of candida. Since then İ cashed again.

I believe gut health is a key to healing. But its not easy to stay there. My next attempt is now low dose naltrexone to heal my autoimmune stuff and finally heal the gut. Sibo, leaky gut and candida play huge roles I think. Also histamine intolerance. Whenever İ am high on inflammation (histamine) my brain fog is unbearable and Libido zero.

2 Likes

What do you mean with sibo?

Bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines.

Did you did any tests for sibo or any gut microbiome?

Why masterofpuppets is banned ? How is he not a post drug sufferer ?

I hate scammers who plays people’s health.
I hope that he was not that kind of person otherwise shame on him :frowning:

I’m a member since 2011 and suffering from PFS for almost 8 years now. I think I just get used to the new me and that’s was a reason why I stop posting in the chat, so maybe a lot of other users are feeling the same.

Despite recently I decided to come again since I’m suffering from sexual anhedonia at 32 year old.

I would say that i recovered naturally to 70% but still missing the good sex feeling and not really able to express desire in sex.

Hope it help,

3 Likes

Hi @EDDYS, thanks for checking in.

Can you take our survey please?

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/t/post-drug-syndrome-survey-faq-survey-now-live-please-participate

Same for me

Sorry if you’ve already been nagged @Tomas but can you take the survey too?

Hi Greek,

As I explained i got stuck on the question about symptoms after drug discontinuation. The survey is not able to detail the “crash” thst in my case for so clesr and determinant. So I cannot complete something that will be showing not real results.

Regards.

Sorry Tomas, can you just fill it out as best you can, there will be a place to note that you felt the crash questions weren’t adequate.

Sorry to ask you again.

Sorry but results will be then simply not real. I do not want to alter real results because of mine.

It seems that you only want to increase the number of people taking the survey, instead of making it accurate enough. This should be your main concern from what I am saying.

The OP used nettle root extract 500mg for 2 days and not finasteride!! Nettle root extract is nothing compared to finasteride. So please calling it PFS in first case and there ain’t any clinical studies to prove nettle is 5ar inhibitor. I have myself used nettle root, saw palmetto and pygeum bark for 5 years and had ZERO side affects and no change in hairloss too. See some people complain here about those was a motivation thinking i could tolerate them, may be fin too and all i took was 4 pills to derail my hormonal balance and its been almost three years since. Please do not correlate herbal tolerance to synthetic like finasteride.

1 Like

Well, as noted, there is a place on the survey for additional comments.

If you include a note on that section in your survey, when we are generating results from the data we will be able to account for what may be an anomalous /erroneous data point, but still use the remaining sections.

You’re absolutely correct that I want as many surveys filled out as possible. I want every avatar to have a tick on it and I want anyone without one to be asked to complete the survey by the community until they just can’t stand the complaining anymore and just fill it out! :slight_smile: I don’t want anyone here thinking it’s ok to not fill out the survey. It is one of the most important things we can do here.

2 Likes

Greek,

You are so tireless appart from nice guy (any other guy would be angry at this point), than I will fill the survey soon, but give me time.

Appart from that, I do not agree on your comment about that you will se the comments and then will correct it, etc. When you have such a big quantity of data, you have no time to go one by one and only a tendency is analized. Then if you have a erroneus tendency nobody is aware of this. Imagine that one guy interpretes that after discontinuatuion means before crash, and many other after crash. Complete different results will be shown…i do not like that at all. My mind cannot accept it.

1 Like

Picture a graph made of the answers to one section of 200 surveys. A big curve. Then a blip at the end. What’s that? It’s one survey that doesn’t match. And there’s a note on it too.

All the other questions will be contributing to other graphs and charts and whatever else Awor and Axolotl can wring from them.

It’s better to get all ten* questions filled in, even if one of them is wrong, if you see what I mean.

*Obviously there are more.

We are a small group and need as much proof of our existence as possible. This survey facilitates potential scientific intervention, research, funding, treatment, ammo for court cases, all of those things.

It’s really important.

Sorry to keep on at you and thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Don’t make that mistake, I am exhausted! (Just like everyone else here)

3 Likes

I took fin for 20 years. No problem, no symptoms, it was the safe drugs they told me it was. Then I hit 45 and I began to have increasing insomnia, headaches, stomach ache, gastric reflux, anxiety, irritability etc…

In the last year, I knew something was poisoning me. I even had a root canal treated tooth removed thinking it was that dead tooth decaying in my mouth that was the cause.

Then I realized my hormones were changing, getting lower. I though what could be affected by my hormones ? And then it hit me. I googled fin and insomnia and found my poison. I stopped at that right moment and crashed a month later. (should have tapered down, but I didn’t know. Only found this forum after the crash when I was agonizing)

I believe the first 15 years, my hormonal composition made it possible for me to take fin with no symptom. I believe male andropause broke that balance and fin was no longer tolerable.

I will never know for sure.

3 Likes

@Tomas

Jeez …just fill in this survey and trust him. Everyones contribution matters and don’t worry about how they interpret data they know what they are doing.

7 Likes