My blood work

TESTOSTERONE ( TOTAL ) * 113.00 nmol/L (7.58 - 31.40) CRAZY!
FREE TESTOSTERONE * 4.7200 nmol/L (0.204 - 0.637) CRAZY!
DHEA-SO4 145.9 μg/dL (80 - 560)
ACTH 6.8 pg/mL (7.2 - 63.3) LOW!
VITAMIN B12 610 pg/mL (200 - 900)
SHBG 51.84 nmol/L (14.50 - 48.40) HIGH!
ESTRADIOL(E2) 29.4 pg/mL (11.0 - 44.0)
VITAMIN D (25-HYDROKS) 16.3 ng/mL (11.0 - 43.0)
BETA- HCG (SERUM) <0.100 mIU/mL (- < 5.0)
LH 8.1 mIU/mL (1.70 - 8.60)
FSH 5.0 mIU/mL (1.4 - 13.6)
T3 TOTAL (TT3) 100.8 ng/dL (80.0 - 200.0)
T4 TOTAL (TT4) 6.1 μg/dL (5.1 - 14.1)
T3 FREE (FT3) 3.26 pg/mL ( 2.0 - 4.4)
T4 FREE ( FT4 ) 1.10 ng/dL (0.90 - 2.70)
TSH 1.540 μIU/mL ( 0.270 - 4.400)
CHOLESTEROL TOTAL * 210 mg/dL (130 - 200)
HDL CHOLESTEROL 65 mg/dL (>40)
LDL CHOLESTEROL 125 mg/dL (<130)
VLDL CHOLESTEROL 19 mg/dL (<30)
ZINC (SERUM) 70.1 ug/dL (70 - 120)

can you interprete these results? how can i lower shbg??? and acth is abnormal. testestorone level is crazy. i have never used any steroids, trt, chlomid, arimidex etc etc.

Since you have never used finasteride or anything similar isnt it a bit rude to ask someone here to check out your bloodwork? I think it is very rude. Lots of people around the world are ill, this will only confuse the forum. Go see an endocrinologist.

I dont think it is rude. It would be rude, if i had insulted the users of this forum. I have never used propecia, but for some reason, i have the EXACT symptoms with propecia users. Which means i am in the same boat with them. And if i ever find a remedy to my condition, i will share it with the users of this forum. All i want is to benefit from the experiences and the knowledge of people here.

2 Likes

Well I dont think you should be posting here. It is very misleading for anyone trying to find a solution to our problems. I also note the fact you posted that you where losing muscle and later posted you gained muscle easily.

[Size=4](In my uneducated opinion you have ed because your T/E ratio is so skewed. The reason your T is so high is due to your LH. Your LH is high anyway and may not be being produced in pulses thus stimulating your nuts to keep on producing more and more T. This is why you where constantly masturbating but then everything went lifeless. The reason for the LH problem is likely a pituitary gonadotrophic adenoma, or prehaps plain old brain cancer. You may have been exposed to carcinogens during your time in the army which caused this. Go see an endocrinologist, get an MRI scan.) [/size]

Far as I know only people posting here should be PFS sufferers, doctors and researchers. You dont fall under any of those catagories.

C’mon guys cut him some slack its hardly as if this forum is littered with threads for us to wade through, is it? The guy has went to the bother of getting bloods upon recommendation from another poster so if we can help, why not? I’m sure he’ll help us with any of his findings (fin or not).

Anyway mate, tbh i find these results extremely difficult to make sense off.

Your ATCH is low so you should look into getting your adrenals checked. Get refered to an endochronologist to look at these bloods and consider looking at your adrenals, cortisol, thyroids and other levels you’ll see posted on here. You need a full profile.

First things first though…get an MRI organised. Such ridiculous levels of hormones can in some instances imply a tumor (benign) in the pituitary. Speak to your endo here.

Question - have you ever taken steroids or any drugs? Herbs like Saw palmetto?

2 Likes

I personally find it insulting that you post inquiries on this board as if you think you share the same medical problem as us. Your actions implicitly work to delegitimize our condition since you are basically implying PFS can be acquired without having ever taking finasteride. The decision to allow you to continue posting is not up to me, but at the least I request you add the information that you never took finasteride in your signature so that you do not intentionally (or otherwise) deceive the other posters here.

I don’t intend to appear callous and the majority of us can empathize with your medical problems, but it is within your best interest to seek the care of a specialized doctor. By the way, your hormone profile does not resemble anybody’s that I have seen from PH since you have sky-high T and free T while the majority of us have the opposite.

@Wlan used Alpha-Lipoic Acid and blocks androgen receptors just like Finesteride!

A group of α-lipoic acid N-phenylamides were synthesized employing a variety of amide coupling protocols utilizing electron deficient anilines. These compounds were then assessed for their ability to block androgen-stimulated proliferation of a human prostate cancer cell line, LNCaP. These structurally simple compounds displayed anti-proliferative activities at, typically, 5-20 μM concentrations and were comparable to a commonly used anti-androgen Bicalutamide®. The inclusion of a disulfide (RS-SR) moiety, serving as an anchor to several metal nanoparticle systems (Au, Ag, Fe(2)O(3), etc.), does not impede any biological activity. Conjugation of these compounds to a gold nanoparticle surface resulted in a high degree of cellular toxicity, attributed to the absence of a biocompatible group such as PEG within the organic scaffold.” (A comparative assessment of α-lipoic acid N-phenylamides as non-steroidal androgen receptor antagonists both on and off gold nanoparticles. LC Henderson, JM Altimari, G Dyson, L Servinis, B Niranjan and GP Risbridger, Bioorganic chemistry, Feb 2012 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22196975 1)

WFT! Acid Alpha lipoic an inhibitor of 5 alpha reductase! "Research suggests alpha lipoic acid’s anti-inflammatory properties may help slow thinning hair. In common male and female pattern balding, chronic inflammation of hair follicles contributes to hair loss. Another factor is the conversion of testosterone to DHT, a compound that can damage hair follicles. Substances that block the enzyme involved in this conversion are currently used to stop hair loss" (https://www.alphalipoicacid.com/alpha-lipoic-acid-beauty/could-alpha-lipoic-acid-help-stop-hair-loss) Inhibition of Inflammatory Gene Expression in Keratinocytes Using a Composition Containing Carnitine, Thioctic Acid and Saw Palmetto Extract . Chittur, Sridar, Parr, Brian and Marcovici, Geno. Article ID 985345, s.l.: Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2011, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Vol. 2011, pp. 1-7. DOI: 10.1093/ecam/nep102; http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/985345/. Although we have not taken finasteride we are the worst cases. I wonder what happened you did, I hope you’re not dead Wlan