Muscle vibrations and twitches

Friends,
After quitting propecia in Dec 2018, I started to develop muscle vibrations and twitches the following month (still on going). When I do arm circles, for example, my muscles in my shoulders will feel tight and then twitch. I can also feel the muscles in my arms vibrate. I’ve been to a neurologist in Jan 2019 when this started and they ruled out all major conditions. I’ve also seen a rheumatologist and they ruled out major connective tissue disorders, Does anyone know what’s causing this?

I don’t know the cause but it can be a side effect of the medication.

I’m not saying you’re deficient magnesium but it can help it. I had (small) twitches at one stage and take magnesium and they’re gone.

See point 1 here

What’s interesting is my magnesium blood levels are in normal ranges.

I have this in my legs and in my foot

Interesting. How long did you use finasteride and did supplements make it worse?

Re being in range - mine were too actually when I tested though it still helped (though I am presuming as it was part of a ZMA tablet but Zinc and B6 aren’t known to help this). Magnesium also relaxes me a bit when I take it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve also read interesting medical articles that discuss that although magnesium blood levels are in the normal ranges, this does not necessarily mean magnesium is reaching muscle tissue. Is there a particular magnesium you recommend? I’ve noticed there are many types…thanks again!

I use Solgar chelated magnesium (easier for body to process) or Fortress Health magnesium with B6 (taking zinc separately) - no big difference between these types that I’ve seen.

I only take small doses ie 25% of RDA and before bed as it’s a moderate relaxant.

Without being 100% certain of cause and curation, I had minor but noticeable twitches in face (eyes) and arm muscles before and shortly after Finasteride but not since. I also had the kindof irregular heartbeat that article I linked mentions, oddly enough, which again I no longer have.

5 years. I’m out of drugs 9 months. I have twitwichs e vibration. I used only magnesium and rhodiola.