Morphine treatment increases 5AR activity (in rat)

So I have 7 100 mg capsules of Morphine. If Xyrem does not come through I will try it.

How long would I have to take it for?

The member ‘no Hope’ made some short-lived improvements while taking Tramadol to increase 5AR II:

Turns out what I had thought was Morphine stashed away is Tramadol

i won’t condone it because it’s unsustainable in the long run imo, but let us know how it goes if you get desperate and try it.

one pill every 3 or so days was all i needed. i had roughly ten or so 50mg pills that i took over a four week period. would only take 100mg when i was feeling really down. had quite a few bad sides on that much so yeah, be careful.

Anyone continued with this experiemnt, either tramadol or morphine (very low doses)?

Whenever I have that irritating feeling of constant pressure around root of penis which i associate to too much estrogen because of lacking 5ar-activity, I take some 30-60 mg of codeine (which is partly metabolized to morphine in the liver) and it helps tremendously. Not tried it long term though. Also remembering that it has given me notable “DHT-feeling” when i’ve taken codeine after testosterone-booster Tongkat Ali.

I’ve also combined morphine with pregnenolone in the past to get somekind of touch what allopregnenolone felt like. It brings back something familiar, though it seems pregnenolone somehow prevents morphine-euphoria and kind of drowns the effect, but i still get nauseated easily.

Too bad I don’t have any atm. Oxycodone that i just took doesn’t seem to help too much.

I have been posting about this for years…Tramadol eliminates symptoms…I use it a few times a week…didn’t understand why until now…Very interesting. Of course my physical symptoms are unable changed but mental symptoms ease.

But codeine side effects contains difficult urinating and unable to orgasm? How this thing can be helpful? What is the reason for difficult urination on opioids?

Bumping this. Made improvements through keto and running, but not sustainable improvements, more like management of a chronic disease. Day to day life became mostly tolerable, but the amount of effort it took to feel “OKish” and to still not be able to enjoy life and to still have significant cognition and anxiety problems became unbearable.

I’ve decided to try making another run at getting “myself” back, and nothing is off the table. Recently started mirtazapine, as a) I’ve suffered ever-present anxiety and cognitive sides post-fin and I’d like to try to be 100% free of benzos (not that I’m addicted, take 0.5mg of Ativan each week in order to get a relief day) and b) mirtazapine seems like a reasonable next option. Also, to be quite frank, continuing to struggle with sides seems to be bringing about a bout of depression on top of fin symptoms.

That being said, I’m back to searching for additional treatment options (after suffering much of a decade, trying morphine no longer sounds insane).

Any others with morphine or opiate experiences?

Also, if you have any thoughts on how I might come across getting an FMT (fecal matter transplant), please PM me.

There was a guy who was recovered during a heroin or morphine withdraw.

1 Like

This is 100% true. When I take Percoset which is prescribed to me for pain, it significantly helps several neurological symptoms and my old personality comes raging back. I feel that “dopamine” feeling again. The problem is obviously the daily and long term usage of opiates which we all know are extremely bad, so I use it quite sporadically since I have very strong control. It’s surreal. What @holyhead is saying is true. I spoke in detail a while back with @Grey_baron and he has used strong opiates which give him an incredible relief of PFS neuro/mental symptoms. This article helps connect the dots.

@johnnyfin @moonman1

Thanks guys. I have at least one other non-SSRI anti-depressant to try, then if no success, will likely be time to test this path or intermittent DHT/DHT analogue dosing.

So insomnia is my major symptom and seems intractable. When I took two tablets of codeine for tooth pain in the summer, I started sleeping for almost twice as long as I normally could. I thought I was starting to recover and I was ecstatic, but sadly it came to an end only after a few days and I resumed sleeping as before.

Did anyone feel that improvements from opiate use stuck, though?

1 Like

No the improvements never stick for me

Hi @johnnyfin,

Please participate in our survey! I see in your posting history that you never received an invite. Please try the bar chart icon on the upper right of the page (on a desktop or laptop computer) to get access. Please let us know if you encounter any problems. It is important to get as many participants as possible.

Thank you!

Did this help with your vision issues?

Oh boy, really?

Do you have a link to any posts?

I think that’s one protocol even I wouldn’t try though!

Many of the neurological issues including vision

1 Like

FYI @Grey_baron would explain to me he thought it was due to the lowering of DHT/T in the brain where we are significantly overexpressed

1 Like

Wow this is an amazing sign. I have yet to find any relief. This means that the vision stuff may not be permanent

1 Like
1 Like