More than one year of Ejaculatory Anhedonia

I tried Topical Finasteride for one week and it was the worst decision of my life. More than one year after quitting, I still have ejaculatory anhedonia consistently (every time, no exception). I have absolutely no sensation in the glans during climax even though the mechanics of erection and ejaculation seem fine. I thought the nerves were damaged at first, but my new theory is that the smooth tissue in the glans penis that depend on androgens has died and been replaced with collagen. Aren’t there studies that show that Finasteride causes apoptosis in smooth muscle cells and the body replaces them with de-sensitized collagenized tissue? How is this poison still sold without massive lawsuits? My glans tissue is very rubbery with between 0-10% sensitivity. My libido is good, but it bothers me tremendously that I have no sensation there. Are there any tests for collagenized tissue and how to restore smooth muscle if my hypothesis is correct?

Do you glans get hard and firm during erection?

2 Likes

The glans does inflate during erection, so I believe the blood flow is fine, but the sensation is close to zero because my hypothesis is that the collagenized tissue has minimal sexual sensation. Even if I got the doppler scan (not sure where to go for that) to check tissue abnormalities, I’m not aware of any viable treatments to restore glans tissue to smooth muscle if that is indeed my problem.

There are no specific treatments to restore loss of sensitivity relating to finasteride use, irrespective of etiology. Believe me, I’ve looked.

Loss of sensation in the genitals is mainly associated with mechanical stress or injury, which can compress the pudendal nerve. There are multiple treatments for this with varying degrees of efficacy. However, the sensitivity loss that fin users report appears to differ significantly from pudendal neuralgia (it occurs without injury, doesn’t vary with body position, and in some cases only erogenous sensation seems to be implicated). At least one user here has tried decompression surgery regardless, without success.

If your anorgasmia is non-localized, you might try cabergoline. I think a few users here have done so already, with unimpressive results.

1 Like

Talk a little bit more on the decompression surgery not working for that one member if you would

Wouldn’t that mean that his nerve wasn’t really compressed and it’s something else?
It could be something with the dopamine perhaps receptors or amount of?

Presumably yes, if decompression is performed successfully then the problem is somewhere else. However, my understanding is it can be difficult to draw solid conclusions because it’s not possible to directly measure unusual stresses on the nerve.

Over the years, users have sought treatment for nearly every known condition that can cause these symptoms with no clear pattern of success. This is just one example.

1 Like

We gotta figure this out

Someone does