MODULATORS FOR NEW MEMBERS OF THE STEROID/THYROID SUPERFAMILY OF RECEPTORS

This is interesting… a patent for creating a formula that is designed to improve libido, meant to possibly counteract the effects of 5ar-inhibitors like Finasteride.

wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA= … SPLAY=DESC

PDF (preferred): wipo.int/pctdb/images4/PCT-P … 036230.pdf

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION

In accordance with the present invention, we have identified modulators for orphan member(s) of the steroid/thyroid superfamily of receptors which is related to the previously described constitutively active receptor- alpha (CAR-α; also known as “MB-67,” see Baes et al., in Mol. and Cell. Biology 11:1544-1552 (1994)). Thus, compounds of the general class of androstans have been identified as modulators for a newly discovered isoform of CAR. Compounds discovered in accordance with the present invention can be employed in a variety of applications, e.g., for the modulation of processes mediated by an isoform of CAR or CAR-like species, to increase the libido of a subject (especially a subject undergoing therapy using a 5α-reductase inhibitor) , in a screening assay for the presence of receptors involved in the modulation of libido, and the like.

… In an alternate aspect of this embodiment of the present invention, compositions useful for ameliorating the libido-reducing effects of a 5α-reductase inhibitor are provided. Such compositions comprise a libido-enhancing amount of a steroid-like compound having the structure I, as described herein, and a 5α-reductase inhibitor.

Those of skill in the art can readily identify 5α-reductase inhibitors suitable for use in the practice of the present invention. [u]An example of a 5α-reductase inhibitors contemplated for use in the practice of the present invention is finasteride (PROSCAR) [/u].

Since individual subjects may present a wide variation in severity of symptoms and each drug has its unique therapeutic characteristics, the precise mode of administration and dosage employed for each subject is left to the discretion of the practitioner.

In accordance with yet another embodiment of the present invention, there is provided a method for ameliorating the libido-reducing effects of a 5α-reductase inhibitor, said method comprising co-administering, to a subject being treated with 5α-reductase inhibitor(s) , a libido-enhancing amount of a steroid-like compound having the structure I, as described herein.

In accordance with a still further embodiment of the present invention, there is provided a method of screening cells or cell extracts to determine the presence of receptors involved in the modulation of libido, said method comprising contacting cells or cell extracts with a compound having the structure I, as described herein, and thereafter identifying those cells or cell extracts which bind said compound.

We should contact these scientists, they could use US as a test group.

Please post if you contact them. I will if no one has but it won’t be until next week.

hey martin, did you contact them? receive any response?

Whats interesting about these men is that they both work in the field of epigenetics which demonstrates that this situation may have to do with an epigenetic shift. Also, it states that they have identified receptors which involved specifically in the modulation of libido…

any updates on this ? looks interesting

same question…

agreed, interesting at the least

any bump on this?

Be nice to get a update on this as the original post is nearly 5 year’s old I think. But I pray there’s some positive breakthrough soon.

Both links from the original post no longer work.
Either the data was moved to a new location or the patent was withdrawn?
I find it disturbing that there’s a potential for big pharma to make money off of PFS patients who were poisoned by big pharma in the first place.

Patent (text, searchable): sumobrain.com/patents/wipo/M … 36230.html

PDF attached.
MODULATORS FOR NEW MEMBERS OF THE STEROID & THYROID SUPERFAMILY OF RECEPTORS.pdf (857 KB)

so would this be coming out anytime soon? This sounds VERY promising

(sorry I’m on a phone and it’s hard to maneuver around websites)

The text is from 1996.