Misophonia symptom

Misophonia, or “hatred or dislike of sound,” is characterized by selective sensitivity to specific sounds accompanied by emotional distress, and even anger, as well as behavioral responses such as avoidance. Sound sensitivity can be common among individuals with OCD, anxiety disorders, and/or Tourett

Like Nails on a Chalkboard:

Anyone else get this. It’s horendeous I can’t even be around my son now. Ive had to withdraw from him several times this last week. It was intermittent but is now a constant effecting me terribly. Techniques do nothing to kill it

My son has Tinnitus and Anxiety from Accutane, and while I do not think he has Misophonia, I can see where sound issues would be all across the board. I, myself, have Misophonia. We are living with my terminally ill mother and she watches TV, loud, 24/7 and is very panicky vocal 24/7. I feel like an asshole for getting upset with a dying woman, but in my defense the noise issues in my mom’s house have been like this for decades. I just can’t escape. (And when I visit my Dad, to hear him eat anything sends me through the roof). Chewing is very annoying for me.
My tips: SOUND MACHINE.
1.Try to put one in the room where you are, on low or whatever. Now, the sound machine has it’s own annoyances-you will have to turn it on a off, but it softens the sounds.
2. Ear plug in the most sensitive ear
3. If sound machine is annoying, here is a great youtube video with deeeeep sounds. I use it to sleep, so I drown out mom. https://youtu.be/vII6QMxcwDE (12 hours!) Like being in a airplane :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @AnnaNim I’ll give the YouTube a listen people eating food goes through me too as well as nail picking it’s unreal. PFS can only dwal with the calmest of waters. It’s unreal