Minoxidil induced PFS

R u still using minox?

I stopped using minox years ago it was horrible and expensive and can’t say that it worked at all.
My advice to anyone is just shave your head and live with it as its a small price compared to the complications of taking finastetide.

2 Likes

It definitely can. I thought the same while researching Minoxidil. The terrible thing is, because of my confidence that Minoxidil could not possibly have the same effect, even as my conditions worsend, I didn’t relate it to Minoxidil. I finally stopped using it beginning of this year. Here is a site for side effect reports. I don’t know if it’s genuine, and if some trolls are duplicating the reports, but it seems there’s a lot of people suffering from ED after starting to use Minoxidil 5%: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20834&name=ROGAINE+EXTRA+STRENGTH+(FOR+MEN)

1 Like

Just like merlinm, I also have the feeling my PFS has worsened over the past 1-2 years and also started having occasional chest pain… which made me take a closer look at the only product I’m using: minoxidil. I paused my use and may not go back to using it.

I’m sure I ingested trace amounts by scratching my head (some minoxidil formulations cause itch) and then not washing it off my fingers and later biting my nails.

The 17β-HSD upregulation that Axototl mentioned for SSRI’s, also seems to exist for Minoxidil (see Cheng-Lung Hsu paper referenced by Axototl).

WebMD lists “abnormal sexual function” as a (rare) possible side effect of topical minoxidil [link].