Minerals and Amino Acid interactions

I know use of supplements cause some debate on here, I’m just at the stage now where I just want to try anything and see if it helps .

I got prescribed some Mirtazapine this week , but I haven’t taken it yet as I would prefer a holistic approach.

Over the last 10 days Magnesium Glycinate has been a game changer for sleep difficulties and just general well-being . My current relapse (since Xmas) has been 0-2 hours sleep a night and the Magnesium Glycinate has got me to 4-5 hours a night this week and I already feel a lot better.

I currently take 200mg Magnesium glycinate at 9pm

Would it be an issue if I added L arginine in the mornings (say 10am)
and also Taurine at lights out time (11pm ish) alongside the magnesium ?

Does anyone know of any interactions between these 3 if they are spaced out accordingly ?

The only 2 supplements I take are taurine and magnesium oxide and the taurine has definitely improved some brain fog and magnesium seems to have helped with some sexual sides a bit. I’ve heard taurine helps with magnesium absorption into the body. I’ve also taken arginine with the others and it had an interesting effect: the arginine drastically improved my sexual side effects for about 3 days (I only took 500mg once) and then I returned to baseline. The arginine didn’t have any effect on my symptoms after that event…

1 Like

Thanks so much for this info it is really helpful , I’m glad to know Magnesium and Taurine are safe to use , I plan to use them a couple of hours apart at night .

Good to know it’s improved some of the sexual sides !

1 Like