Milk thistle. Its wrecked me

alright i took milk thistle a few months ago, and it seemed to have destroyed my brain. I have brain fog, zero motivation, zero sexual attraction. and i came to this site and see that it has some very real effects. I went to my dr and i told him this milk thistle stuff has made my brain numb and “empty”. What THE HELl can i do to go back to normal like i was a year ago its killing me i literally cant think or do anything.

2 Likes

Minus the fact of Milk Thistle having some antiandrogen properties, something else might also be in common.
Yes, I have felt weird on Milk Thistle too.

Milk Thistle A Natural Antihistamine

milk thistle, inhibits the release of histamine, thereby preventing allergic reactions.

Silibinin inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines through inhibition of NF-κB signaling pathway in HMC-1 human mast cells

1 Like

Hi @bedian652, I’m one of the administrators of this site. I’m very sorry to hear this and it’s not the first time, as you’ve noticed. Milk thistle contains multiple antiandrogenic flavonoids, and as we’ve seen for fifteen years, any substance capable of significant interruption of androgen signalling is capable of causing PFS. You are not the first and won’t be the last patient affected by milk thistle. We therefore cater for this in our post drug syndrome survey, and if you have have been suffering for a minimum of three months, it would be very helpful if you could participate. You do not need to complete it in one go, it auto saves at the end of each section and can be manually saved. You can access the survey by clicking the bar graph in the top right of the forum on a desktop or laptop computer.

Thank you and best

2 Likes

Interesting. There were a couple of people that recovered by taking histidine(which converts to histamine) for like one day. One user completely recovered. Antihistamines are one of the classes of medications that can cause ED.

P.S I can also share my experience. I am allergic to pollen so I was prescribed syngulair (ironically, merck’s med) and I was taking my sp at the time. This is when I started to develop slight sides. I know, my data set is just a couple of people, but it is possible that histamine may play a role in our condition(low histamine and dht = higher susceptibility to PFS?)

How did they take Histamine?

im curiouse, what and where can i buy a histamine supplement?

Histamine is available as the drug Ceplene (histamine dihydrochloride).

https://academic.oup.com/carcin/article/22/9/1399/2608143
I was also fucked by a flavonoid, Rutin.

1 Like

Sorry, histidine. But it converts to histamine by decarboxylation.

is there a solution, or do i give up and accept, my brain will not function properly(feel no emotion, no sexual attractin, brain fog?)

If you only have mental sides and it just started now, they will probably resolve in a matter of weeks/months.

yea its been months