Microdosing epinephrine for cognitive and sexual improvement

Thanks Moony. This line of "These findings suggest that the altered hormonal levels were due to a reduction of the enzymatic activity rather than to decreased levels of PNMT.*” isn’t entirely clear to me but it seems like PNMT may be there in sufficient quantities but for whatever reason the enzymatic properties of it are not converting nor to epi. Am I interpreting that right? I wonder if increasing PNMT instead of epinephrine would somehow jumpstart its enzymatic purpose and better balance out the nor to epi ratio. I’m emailing a few doctors to see what they think and will report back.
I can’t seem to find on google any supplements to increase PNMT directly in the body.

It’s my understanding that mucuna pruriens contains L-Dopa which converts to dopamine which converts to norepinephrine which converts to Epinephrine

Now obviously I’m assuming the enzyme that converts norepinephrine to Epinephrine has to work to get to Epinephrine at the end of the pathway .

So I’m thinking that hit the beginning of the pathway all at once with everything. Mucuna, phenylalanine and tyrosine with the necessary cofactors of course . May want to avoid SAMe though . Its risky

I’ve tried it with no positive effect.

SAMe is the co factor for the PNMT enzyme that converts norepinephrine to epinephrine. The PNMT needs SAMe to work. In theory you could take SAMe and end up with more PNMT enzyme activity. But I would use caution with this. SAMe is one of the things I was on when I crashed into PFS level onset level insomnia in November of 2020. My sleep is still not completely recovered back to baseline over that. Close but not completely . I’m suspicious of this . My theory is that the body is keeping the PNMT enzyme activity low for the specific purpose of keeping epinephrine low. Because if it’s not low we react very badly to it. Just a hunch . Take it with a grain. Unfortunately the only way to know is to experiment and it’s a very dangerous game. If I’m right I need to figure out what needs to be corrected that will allow normal epinephrine levels without having an extreme insomnia relapse type reaction. Again this is all speculation and attempts to connect the dots based on the available info and my own experience

1 Like

What did you try epinephrine? Or everything at the beginning of the pathway ?

Did you also take the cofactors?

And for how long did you try it ?

Not epinephrine.

Thanks 5-Alf. Anyone know if there are tests for the general public to easily check levels of PNMT or SAMe? Has anyone gotten them done?

I’ve been doing the Wim Hof breathing techniques along with cold showers and fasting for 24 hours at a time a few times a week. All of these increase epinephrine and lower norepinephrine.

I’ve been doing these for about a month now and have noticed that my sleep has been getting better, my fatigue levels have been getting better, my tinnitus is gone, and my erections are getting stronger. I’m even getting more consistent size in my penis both flaccid and erect. I wish I’d started this earlier. Overall, I feel much better and I’m convinced it’s because of the effects that these therapies have on epinephrine/norepinephrine.

Good stuff. I can see how they increase epinephrine, but can you show some proof/research that these decrease norepinephrine as well?

I hate to break it off for you guys, but you literally CANT microdose Adrenalin in any form…Its way to dangerous, and you can end up really hurting yourselves…I remember a colleague of a friend of mine, who got a small drop of Adrenalin in a very diluted solution in his eye while he was injecting a patient with a cardiac arrest…His pulse got to 160/min and we had to take him to the ER…The Dosis he got in his eye must have been waaaaay waaaay little to even measure by any high tech home scale…It was a solution of 100ug/ml…

I’m going to agree with you on this one and I have experimented with some risky things.

Besides, I think it’s more about correcting the imbalance that causes low norepinephrine to Epinephrine conversion. I think Melchangi is on the right track with neurotransmitters as I believe at least in my own case this is the problem. But I also think he’s trying to overly simplify it by saying more epinephrine will equal correction of sexual sides. For all we know epinephrine is lowered in an attempt to correct the problem. And you can likely get more epinephrine the natural way by taking the predecessors and co factors listed in the chart I posted.