Met with Urologist at Mount Sinai

I guess I just wonder what TRT will do if I already have normal T levels?

It really depends on normal, most of our T levels are in range, it depends if you’re on the lower spectrum or higher spectrum. I know there are some on the higher spectrum before, I believe James a former medical student that cured himself was on the higher end of the range and still experienced side effects.

If 5ar is not working, as there is evidence and theory for, you will get inadequate androgen signal even with high T. So you would need even higher T to counteract that, although that will come with side effects as well.

Someone got cured permanently with super high levels of T?

Guys, I subscribed to this forum years ago but never participated. Well, until now, I got my TRT levels checked and they were abysmal in the 200 range, then in the 300 range. Dr’s will tell you 300 is normal. For us it aint trust me. I got my levels boosted up to 1000 and for the first time got an erection and started to look at women the way I did before PFS. It is not a cure but it will elevate your mood and clear the fog thinking. Pls get your TRT levels checked and ask for the results. If they are in the 300 range get on TRT ASAP.

How long have you been on TRT?

1 Like

Close to two years

Did you notice increase body hair/hair loss?

No increase in body hair. Hair loss I guess i lost all the gains I had with propecia and I balded to where I was genetically predisposed to. No worries there. Hair is awesome but not awesome enough to lose your manhood.

1 Like

I am glad TRT helped you. Just be aware that TRT (or raising androgens by other means) can others substantially worse, regardless of the T levels.

I took TRT for 3 years and had blood levels from around 450-1000 at various times (depending on when last injection was-90% of the time I kept it around 900 but occasionally got busy and let injections slide) and my libido never changed in any direction one iota. In my opinion TRT has no benefit and can only cause harm.

1 Like

@vkg1, I found TRT very hard to manage many ups and downs. I believe it’s not just T levels that need to be balanced your other hormones need to be balanced properly as well. I did give me super strength but I was shedding hair like crazy on it and was extremely moody.

I took Nebido so my blood levels were very consistent as long as it had been 3 months or less since last injection. All my blood tests always looked great. Problem is I experienced zero benefit. Even when I came off of it and had suppressed levels I still felt the same as when T levels 1000.

What’s EF?

Erectile failure

Was this worsening (through TRT usage specifically) ever permanent?

Almost same way they suggested to me. Mph helped with libido I got painful erections when I first stared but in long term there is no help for Ed it fluctuates with out any reason I just notice weird pattern.

If I am flaccid and masturbate I do not have any problems with sensitivity or satisfaction and I can ejaculate normally.
If I am hard with pde5 or naturally I lost sensitivity, archiving climax becomes very hard, orgasm pleasureless with weak ejaculation.
This got me thinking about HTR2A and HTR1A
Latter one inhibits erection and facilitates orgasm. First one does the opposite thing.
They might be trying to restore balance between them with mph and fibanserin

Did you, by any chance, get any liver function tests? If so, was anything out of range?

I never felt the ups and downs of TRT. Sorry to hear that from you guys. There is a way to mitigate that and it is using the gel as you have to apply it daily and it keeps the levels stable. Also, I had to change from cypionate to enanthate and it worked much better. It is not a cure but made my symptoms much better with no side effects so far. I’m trying to get proviron and see if that will work better since it promotes DHT specifically. Hope this all works out for us some how.

1 Like

Executive Function

Careful with yohimbine it gave me my first hard crash and brain symptoms especially stay away while on mph. I have poisoned from it, I lost almost 10kg in 21 days. I thought I was going to die.

I got my second crash while quitting on mph. Total loss of libido and total impotence. So I am on mph so far so good.