Merck Study from 1993

I tried to see if this was already posted here on the forum but couldn’t find it so i apologize if i am rehashing old territory.

Alot of this stuff is not anything we here on the site don’t know already but this study may be useful in light of recent events.

This is a study of finasteride from 1993 funded by Merck, it relates to BPH but the interesting thing is that they used both 1mg and 5mg tablets and the results between the two were so similar that they decided it wasn’t even worth differentiating in the results between the two doses and combined them as one group.

So by Merck’s own admission 1mg is exactly the same as taking 5mg of finasteride. And yet somehow when it came time to perform a clinical trial for alopecia they were able to show that at a dose of 1mg they magically saw a reduction in side effects to 1.8%. As i said this is nothing new just another one to add to the pile.

Edit: If anyone has access to the complete article it would be interesting to look further into it i’m sure.