Merck settles with PFS victims

Didn’t Merck just payout 4 million in a court case. Did anyone contact the claimants lawyers to see if they would fund Awors study?

The settlement was peanuts for each victim.

What would they rather have a few grand in their pockets or to fund a study that could make them well again.

It’s a no brainier and should have been attempted.

It could still happen if we act now.

We still have a few people who haven’t settled.

1 Like

Wow. Very low returns, very disheartening for the victims… 500-1,000 dollars is a joke compared to the suffering we have endured. I bet you the lawyers made a million+ lol.

One benefit is recognition. The more validation this gets the more chance of funding of research and interest by doctors and such.

I wonder if it is best to evade a class-action in severe cases. Just hire your own attorney and go direct to Merck and settle individually, might be worth it. You might pay nothing up front, a lawyer might just take a contingency fee for it, and since Merck already settled they should be willing to do so again. I’m not sure if your claim is technically precluded by this litigation, like Merck can’t go through double jeopardy. I somehow doubt it since each person has individually suffered a harm.