Men Suffer Smaller Penises after Prostate Cancer Surgery

Came across this and was shocked to see that many of the symptoms we are experiencing (shrivelled penis, numbness, lost length/girth, decreased orgasm sensation) are very similar to those men who undergo radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer (removal of Prostate).

Considering Finasteride shrinks/involutes our Prostate via cell aptosis (death), and likely shrinks our cavernous nerves and seminal vesicles to boot… its not far-fetched to see the connection between their symptoms and our own.

Obviously this is a press release for an author promoting a book, so keep that in mind. Nonetheless it is interesting to note.

Men Suffer Smaller Penises after Prostate Cancer Surgery - according to new book

24-7pressrelease.com/view_pr … rssID=5477

A bold new book, “Surviving Prostate Cancer Without Surgery,” contends that men’s penises could become smaller by as much as 27% after undergoing prostate cancer surgery.

/24-7PressRelease.com/ - Roseville, IL - May 10, 2005 - “Smaller penises result from undergoing the radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer,” warns Dr. Bradley Hennenfent, author of the new book, “Surviving Prostate Cancer Without Surgery” (Roseville Books, 2005).

“I can personally testify that I lost about an inch of penile length,” says Aubrey Pilgrim, who underwent a radical prostatectomy, “and it takes a lot of stimulation to have an orgasm and of course it’s not the same.”

In one study [Fraiman et al.] there was a decrease in all penile dimensions, even after ‘nerve-sparing’ radical prostatectomy,” says Dr. Hennenfent. “One abstract [McCullough et al.] reported a 27 percent loss in volume of the penis after the radical prostatectomy. And, in another study [Walsh et al.], no man had as good an erection after surgery as before surgery, and many men couldn’t get an erection at all.”

“An animal model study [Chan et al.] has documented what some of us have already concluded from the experiences of men after prostate cancer surgery,” says Dr. Hennenfent. “Although the cavernous nerves are sometimes spared, it appears that the branches of those nerves, which are always cut during the radical prostatectomy, are vital for achieving normal, completely rigid, erections. The animal model showed that when the cavernous nerve branches are cut, softer, smaller erections occur even with chemically-induced erections.”

According to Dr. Hennenfent, another study [Savoie, et al.] directly warns physicians that, “Men should be counseled before radical prostatectomy that penile shortening may occur.” The Savoie study found significantly smaller penises in 124 men after prostate cancer surgery.

Interested men should read the chapter inside “Surviving Prostate Cancer Without Surgery” entitled: "The Radical Prostatectomy and Your Penis, " as the book includes diagrams that realistically illustrate the damage done by the radical prostatectomy to male sexual function and penis size.

The book also reveals other penile side effects suffered after the radical prostatectomy including: loss of sensation to the penis (penis feels dead), a cold penis, or a penis that feels shriveled as if coming out of a cold swimming pool. Men variously described orgasms after the radical prostatectomy as “only a shadow,” “possible,” “have them but different,” “some pain,” and “not sure it happens.”

Why does the radical prostatectomy damage the penis so much? “The operation removes the prostate and seminal vesicles and removing these structures leaves a gap that is sometimes filled by pulling the penis up into the body, effectively shortening it,” says Dr. Hennenfent. "In addition, nerve branches, arteries, and veins in the pelvis are always severed by the radical prostatectomy. These missing structures can no longer nourish the penis and it atrophies. One study suggests that the erectile tissue in the penis actually dies off after the radical prostatectomy."

“The real lesson,” according to Dr. Hennenfent, “is not only that the radical prostatectomy results in smaller penises, but that the radical prostatectomy has failed to extend overall survival in two randomized controlled trials.”

The web site for the book is SurvivingProstateCancerWithoutSurgery.org.

The author, Bradley Hennenfent, M.D., has seen five uncles suffer from prostate cancer. He co-founded the Prostatitis Foundation (www.AcousticNeuromaFoundation.org). He previously published “The Prostatitis Syndromes.”

“Surviving Prostate Cancer Without Surgery” can be found in fine bookstores everywhere. Biblio Distribution (800-462-6420) and Roseville Books/Rayve Productions (888-492-2665) distribute the book, which retails for $19.95, is a trade paperback, has 334 pages, 34 chapters, ISBN Number: 0-9717454-1-2, and was published January 15, 2005. Twenty-seven illustrations and cartoons are included within the book, which also includes an extensive index.

Its also not far fetched to think this would fuck up our hormone balance, seeing that the prostate plays an integral part in the male hormone pathway.
Why ignore the obvious. We took a drug that shrinks the prostate. We most likely all have a prostate disorder of some kind.
Every single one of my symptoms are those identical to a man’s with prostatitis “Prostatitis is any form of inflammation of the prostate gland … (microscopic) inflammation of the tissue of the prostate gland” (Wikipedia.org, 2007) . I am still on this prostatitis kick. Fin must have done something to either break down our prostate’s own defense mechanism and leave our prostates succeptible to infection, or it has caused a predominantly non-bacterial inflammation of some kind, but one with blockages and damaged tissue. See I can’t believe all the nerves and vessels that go to the penis go right through the prostate, and then I took a drug which shrinks the prostate. Of course thats gonna fuck up my dick. These blockages need to be cleared, so the prostate can regenerate itself. This is my opinion.
Anyway, I think this can be cured, but the prostate is just so hard to treat. I am just looking for a cure.

See, women are much easier to cure, because of the easier access uo and into their uterus and such, the prostate is a well protected very small organ which is harder to treat. Antibioics can only treat acute prostatitis.

Yes boston this is what you been saying all along. now you have a book to back you up.

Does anyone know how to make the prostate grow? Finasteride probably shrunk our prostate which caused many of the side-effects we currently experience.

Josh

Josh, I see what you’re asking. It almost doesn’t make sense. All along I’ve been thinking this in the back of my mind… how could this be inflamed if we took something that makes it shrink?.. Its almost an oxymoron.

Well, think of this, the urinary symptoms don’t come on until after people stop taking it.

Also, the prostate nerve ganglia could still be effected by a shrinking prostate, or any change in shape.

So… anyway my theory is that the change in shape caused some sexual dysfunction, then upon ceasing the use of finasteride, things flared up and enlarged, prostatic inflamation, all the urinary symptoms everyone gets, an even greater irritation to the nerve ganglia within the small pelvis.
And then if you even want to go a step further, the chronic inflamation can yield to invasion of bacteria across membranes, especially inflamed ones pressing on the bladder, and rectum.

Does this make sense to you?

Androgens can make the Prostate grow (ie T/DHT) – even after Finasteride use. See this study:

endo.endojournals.org/cgi/reprin … 0/4509.pdf

Yes it does. But are there any studies on this?

Well, there is pages and pages, tons of stuff on prostatitis all over the web, and all about what can cause inflamation, and/or infection into the prostate.

And then once you even get a small infection into the prostate, and if there is still some swelling and inflamation, it can be hard to go, and this is when it grows and then becomes a problem, or in essence then the bigger problem, once the initial infection goes away, or even if you can get rid of the initial infection, ie. like when some people get a urethral infection or something, or I think it is possible when people get chlamydia.

See most of us have inflamation down there… i.e. like for me a lot of times it just feels like my pipes are clogged or something a little bit.
And again this is why walking makes me feel better.

you mentioned considering going to China. ever hear of this dude or seen this website???

sxpclinic.com/introduction.html

My prostate is still f’d up. Just not as bad as before. I did unclog lots of blockages and even managed to open up some ecoli pockets which in turn backed up into my testicles and infected them.

The front bladder neck area of my prostate still feels inflamed and it feels like i have to go really badly but nothing comes out still. I def feel much better after draining my prostate daily for teh last few months though.

Is history repeating itself? You had the devil by the horns and let go!

I have read that one postfinasteride sufferer has a prostate ridiculously small. Does anybody else know its prostate size?

I dont have a small prostate.

But I have calcification! Never had before.
I researched online. It is due to bacteria infection (nano) and those bacterias are shielded with calcium. You can get it away.
You need IVs of NA EDTA and you take Tetrazykline (Abs). By NA EDTA the calcification goes away, bacterias are no more shielded, and can be erased by Tetrazykline.
Check for calcification with your doc and treat it.
I dont know the exact protocol. Best

And…did you feel any improvement after deleting the calcification from your prostate?

Havent done so far. Sorry…