Melatonin, safe for us or not?

A lot of people here seem to use melatonin for sleep and I was considering it myself, however I did some research and saw that it lowers LH and FSH.

According to wikipedia:

Melatonin can suppress libido by inhibiting secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the anterior pituitary gland, especially in mammals that have a breeding season when daylight hours are long.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin#Adverse_effects

Also reports of lower libido on other articles:

Melatonin can suppress libido by inhibiting secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the anterior pituitary gland, especially in mammals that have a breeding season when daylight hours are long.
livestrong.com/article/11571 … pplements/

Are There Any Side-Effects? ///
According to one report, "10 percent of the users said the hormone did nothing for them, and another 10 percent complained of side effects such as nightmares, headaches, morning grogginess, mild depression, and low sex drive.

bodybuilding.com/fun/drsquat8.htm

So is this safe for us or not? Maybe it’s best to look to increase melatonin naturally instead?

Don’t be such a hypochondriac.

I’ve used melatonin a few times in the last week and seems to help me sleep. I’m reluctant to rely on it but doesn’t seem to affect me adversely.

By the way I can’t see what mcibofh posted as I blocked him. Probably just being a piece of shit like usual.

I find i sleep pretty well on it. I have felt a boost in libido. Im sure of it bc ive tried it off and on several times. nothing major. I think its fairly safe. It can cause vasoconstriction which can raise blood pressure. Thats my report on it.

I’m having trouble sleeping, and I’ve tried it. I didn’t know that it may reduce gonadotropin secretion. Not that it matters while being on TRT, but I’m not using it anyway, because it makes me lethargic in the morning.