Meditation changes gene expression

I love meditation :slight_smile:
I’m going to look more into this research guys, but from what I’ve been reading, meditation can positively affect many neural pathways and genes in the body.

For long-term meditators, these positive changes can be more permanent.

1 Like

"As compared to controls, retreat participants showed differential changes in the expression of several genes involved in chromatin modulation and inflammation. The most substantive finding was downregulation of the TNF pathway in retreat participants, which was not observed in controls.

These findings indicate that meditation retreat participation may influence some of the inflammatory mechanisms involved in the development of chronic diseases, and that this style of psychosocial intervention may have therapeutic potential, particularly in experienced practitioners."

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, very encouraging!

A lot of natural things can change gene expression and neural circuitry. the foods you eat, how much stress you’re under, how much you exercise etc

My feeling has been for the last several years that I’m more likely to find a holistic and lifestyle cure than pharmacological but I haven’t given up hope on a full recovery. I just kind of decided to put it behind me and focus on other areas of life.

2 Likes