Medichecks a UK company to test hormones- new auto immune test looks interesting?

I’ve used medichecks to test testosterone in the past and they are a good company. I’ve spotted a new range of tests that they are offering in one package. Its expensive at £199, but the auto immune test caught my eye. What do people think about this?

Capture

1 Like

In regards to PFS, I think it’s a waste of money and would be better vested in the foundation but if you’re interested in your own body and just wanna know then go for it

2 Likes

Well, if you feel like you fall in the autoimmune category why not try? I will pursue this angle after i test how i react to androgens

1 Like

It is very expensive and so I will definitely hold back for the time being, and @Gents93 I think your right the money would be better spent as a donation to the foundation.
They also have a hormone check currently on offer for £59 that I’ve done before covering testosterone and prolactin etc., that’s much better value for money. However I just wondered if the antibodies test was a new test and if anyone had done it before.

That £59 is pretty damn cheap for T and Prolactin testing, definitely worth the money for that

1 Like

Good searching UKguy82!

I’ve got an autoimmune condition (Ankylosing Spondylitis, not cause by finasteride) so know a little about these tests. The Antinuclear antibody (ANA) test is usually used to diagnose Lupus although there are other autoimmune conditions which show a positive ANA (sarcoidosis, etc). I’m not sure there is a strong link to our symptoms really so not sure if the ANA test the most useful for us.

Although, I could be proved wrong. Has there been anyone on here who has developed autoimmunity from finasteride?

2 Likes

there were huge discussions in the past on this forum and it has been long speculated by many that our bodies might have developed 5ar antibodies. There are cases of enzyme inhibition where the body attacks them after cessation of therapy, not talking specifically about finasteride, if you search autoimmune in this forum you will find it

2 Likes