Media that connects to PFS

There’s a few threads on this already, but I wanted to start one where I can just log fiction/media that has helped me get through this, whether its games, movies, art, books, etc.

The first one I want to address is Dark Souls III. As you may be able to tell by my PFP, I’m a big Dark Souls fan. Dark Souls III in particular has gotten me through some difficult times in my life, and that still rings true for my battle with PFS. If you’re unfamiliar with the game, it is a JRPG set in a brutal dark fantasy world. Pretty much everything and everyone wants to kill you, and the game is notoriously difficult. One boss fight in particular took me over 100 tries.

Anyway, even though the game is brutal and sometimes feels unsurmountable, there’s a vivid beauty to it. It shows you that no matter what, you have to stay in the fight. No matter how dark and devastating things are, if you keep going, you will emerge victorious. And, above all else, giving up isn’t an option; no matter how dark things get, you have to keep going. I’ve struggled with intense suicidal ideation since developing PFS, and this game’s themes have really gotten me through some bad days. It’s one of my favorite games ever and it has stuck with me ever since I first played it. It’s kind of ironic that this game is such a source of comfort for me, but it is.

If you’ve been dealing with anhedonia and you enjoy video games, give this game a try. It’s really difficult, but the if you stick with it, it’s super rewarding. If you decide to pick it up and need tips/help, let me know. I’ve spent too much time in this game lol

3 Likes

I got it from g2a since it never goes on sale on steam.

i love this game,elden ring is also great