Masturbation during recovery

Do you think that masturbation can improve our condition?
Or does it just make things worse?
I read somewhere that finasteride stays in semen

This has been extensively written about here, with no consensus.

Some people say it helps, some say it worsens, some say avoiding all Sexual activity has been beneficial, some say lots of Sexual activity has been beneficial.

What we can say is that it will affect hormone levels, similar to how some foods and exercise do.

Some people swear that eating certain things or that exercising in a particular way helps them. Others say the reverse.

At this stage in PFS’ existence and indeed the forum’s existence, it would be quite likely that we’d know if the condition could be cured with simple personal experimenting.

If the cure was eat spinach, lift weights and have as much sex as possible then there’d be no need for this place, our efforts to create a media presence or our fundraising for scientific studies (please contribute if you’re able).

So, you may find that you react negatively to certain things, favourably to others, we don’t have a clear idea about how some things will affect all people here.

Best to be cautious and to bear in mind that the most extreme adoption of a particular idea has sometimes resulted in significant and dramatic worsening for some. A general rule is to be cautious with things that will affect your hormone levels.

5 Likes

Not sure if that’s meant to imply ejaculating might rid the body of fin, if so that is pretty silly. PFS is damage done, not residual fin

That said I wonder if masturbation is an aggravating factor between stopping fin and the onset of PFS. I was fine for a week after stopping and not fapping, then after a pleasant evening I fapped and then again the following day, then PFS hit a couple days later. Did anyone develop pfs without having fapped? Hate to think I triggered it like that but how would I have known.

I’ve also found that masturbating more than once a week now will trigger a major mental crash if not a physical one and that there’s plenty of similar reports.

2 Likes

They often perform toxicity studies like this. It only serves as a warning that a small amount of a drug could be passed on to a partner and I think it implies a possible effect on the female reproductive system.

1 Like