Marc Turner Memorial Hockey Game

Marc Turner Memorial Hockey Game

Hey guys, on Sunday February the 5th me and @Cormega1 had the pleasure of attending the Marc Turner Memorial Hockey Game in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada. Sadly, Marc Turner was a PFS patient who took his life last April.

Me and Blake had the opportunity to get to know Marc for about a year prior to his death. Marc was an incredibly smart, funny and kind person. He deeply wanted the best for this community and for us to get our lives back.

The event was organized by Marc’s family and friends. We got a chance to speak with them and they are some of the kindest people you will ever meet. They care deeply about our community and we are extremely fortunate to have them in our corner.

They raised $7,000 for PFS research which will be donated to PFS Network.

The event will be held annually and they will also host a golf tournament this summer.

I hope this gives some of you hope and shows you that people do care about our cause. I also wish that this event encourages more members of the community to step up and engage in more productive tasks to help move things forward.

Here is a link to Marc’s gofundme, please consider donating:

I’ve attached pictures from the event below:

Marc’s friends and family

Me and Blake with Marc’s parents

The Marc Turner Memorial Cup :trophy:

22 Likes

What a heartwarming event. Marc’s spirit is still with us forever. Events like these make it impossible to deny that this issue is real and devastating. No sane and honest individual can look at an occasion like this and write it off as a gathering of delusional hypochondriacs. And this is why raising awareness and acting like a real community is so important. It’s what we and the loved ones of those who were murdered by this disease deserve.

13 Likes

Yes such a great event - thank you so much for updating us :slight_smile:

If anyone wants to contribute to Marc’s fundraiser - this is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/postfinasteride-syndrome-pfs-fundraiser

I already donated, hope other members of this community will as well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Absolutely phenomenal work @Toughluck24 @Cormega1 and Marc’s family & friends.

He is sorely missed.

9 Likes

He was a Titan in every way. A well chosen user name

7 Likes

Great write up @Toughluck24! Was a fantastic event and just proof that this disease doesn’t need to be stigmatized as much as we make it out to be. The people want to help, all we have to do is ask and show our own initiative. The Turner family and friends have done a great job in such a short time and we need to help support this. We need to push this agenda forward! All hands on deck!! Time to step up

7 Likes

If anyone from Marc’s friends or family happen to visit this thread, I just want to express to you that I am deeply grateful for what you have done for this community.

6 Likes

Hey Borax. How are things?