Male Menopause (thoughts?)

I came across this article on female menopause and I was blown away with the similar symptoms I have as well. For once I read an article I can relate to minus a few symptoms. Thoughts on the article?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/nov/19/healthandwellbeing.health

I have thought the same when hearing women describe menopause.

1 Like

Same brother. I’m sure there’s more to it in our case especially since menopause tends to be a more natural process for women. Still interesting to read.

Yap.what you are describing has a term: “andropause”.
Also men age and lose levels of androgens. It doesn’t happen that abruptly as in women, but the andropause happens over time - in every men.
Symptoms are very similar to PFS:
Loss of stamina, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, loss of vitality, loss of muscle mass, increased risk for depression, thin dry skin…

That’s why I call PFS oftentimes accelerated aging of men.

Prof. Z. from University Muenster is using The “Aging Males’ Symptoms (AMS)” questionnaire on PFS patients to assess their symptoms.

Also interesting, the general degree methylation of DNA increases with aging. Something we observed at least on a single gene in PFS: SRD5A2.

1 Like

This is not just male menoupause as some of you believe…

Our bodies don´t function as they used to function when we were kids with a little of testosterone and androgens.

We can´t sleep, we easily gain fat, we have hearth palpitations…I was not like that when I was a kid and when my body did not have androgens. Simply these are not low androgens symptoms.

Much more serious damage has been done to us than just having experienced accelerated male menopause.

1 Like

What are you tracking as the type of damage? I would agree that in menopause, women are lacking estrogen. I haven’t done a hormone panel in a long time so I can’t speak to it.

Whats your Free T & E2 levels?

Male menopause (andropause) is one thing and not responding to androgens is another. We belong to the later one. Why would a 22 year old have andropause when his testosterone levels are normal? Just having testosterone ain’t enough, responding to it is what matters.

Great point