Making career with pfs

Hey, has anybody here made a career with pfs ? i think its not possible but when others have done it it would be a great motivation. i always imagine how my life would have turned out without this crap …

3 Likes

I have finished my last two years at university, did several internships and made a career all on PFS. I think a lot depends on your symptoms. And I know many people have anhedonia and thus no motivation to persue a career and no feeling of reward from succeeding. Personally, I fortunately have some motivation left and I consciously develop my life to be in a good spot when we finally solve this mess.

14 Likes

Currently going to college for computer science, and I’m in my second year. Despite my side effects I’ve managed to be eligible (certain GPA and recommendation from a professor) for a learning assistant position. I’ve also been doing research since this past May with a previous professor of mine, and I’ve recently been able to get funding so that I will be paid next semester. So despite the challenges I face with the side effects, it definitely is possible to still be “successful.”

The reason why I put quotation marks around successful is because it’s important to remember that success is defined by the individual. Although I mentioned two objective accomplishments of mine, I still wouldn’t necessarily call myself successful. Ever since I developed these side effects and realized that they wouldn’t just go away on their own, I’ve realized that there’s so much more to what “success” is than just a good GPA, a research position, or a high paying job.

With that being said, it’s definitely possible to redefine what success means to you at any given point in your life. Is this easy? Not always. I tend to find myself trying to adhere to what success meant to me BEFORE getting into this mess, but when I’m in a good frame of mind I realize that it’s not reasonable nor fair to do that to myself because my situation now versus my situation then simply does not align within a reasonable degree anymore.

I mention this because you said that you wonder what your life would have been like without getting in this particular situation. I know exactly how you feel, and it’s honestly one of the worst feelings I have ever felt when thinking about that topic. But I urge you not to dwell on that because it almost certainly won’t do you any good.

5 Likes

I think pursuing or keeping a career with PFS is possible to an extent. It depends on your severity of symptoms. Awor always inspired me as his symtoms are really awful yet has maintained a job since. Some guys aren’t so lucky which is really upsetting to know

4 Likes

I managed to work full time with symptoms of low testosterone and was very busy outside of work. It can be done with a good diet and the right protocol for fatigue. However, since my symptoms have worsened I’ve had to take time off work.

I’m the head of IT for my company, have 2 young kids, a wife, a house in a nice suburb of NYC. Its harder some days than others. Imagine having to wake up with almost no sleep, get 2 kids out of bed, get them dressed, get them fed… get them to school… then go to work and be functional. Then come home and help them do their homework and try to figure out how your going to attain any sleep at all. My advice is get a team of doctors who can help you cope with your symptoms. I have realatively mild symptoms… some visual issues and severe insomnia. I have seen multiple sleep docs, neurologists and more recently a psychiatrist. Many docs you see will be useless as they wont believe a thing your telling them. You will eventually find a few how will be there to support you when you need help. Also, try to visualize your day without your symptoms. I also have been intensely practicing meditation. I think that if you can train the mind to be stronger through meditation, you can get your mind to heal your brain. Thats my plan of attack. Every day is struggle but you have to figure out how to make it work. Stop saying “What if” to yourself and just go with the flow and deal with what is in front of you at that moment. Eventually symptoms will improve and you will be stronger and life will seem easier.

2 Likes

Yeah they did. I know a guy from my country who is an engineer in a company and he was doing great. Never asked this spesific question to him tho. I know that he is still working there.

thats great. but maybe you are more lucky than me. because i have bad cognitive impairment. obviously my sexual sides dont affect my career but my vision issues and cognitive issues are affecting it very much

Great advice to those with mild symptoms who can hold down a job. Making the most of your time and accepting your weaknesses without putting yourself down in the process.

2 Likes

I consider myself lucky that my main issue is insomnia. If I were to beat insomnia, I would probably never come back to this board. But for now, its a very real and VERY difficult process and every day is a struggle to stay functional, not get addicted to sleep drugs, keep my sanity. I will admit that i have some pretty dark thoughts on a regular basis and keeping those at bay is very hard.

1 Like

What you say is the best course of action that can be taken.

I did exactly the opposite during a few time periods since getting hit with this condition and regret it very much. Obsessing over treatments and/or the question of suicide.

Regardless of there being a way out, putting forth no effort in life will only make a bad situation worse.

4 Likes