Lucid Dreaming REM Sleep

I did a search and there were hardly any mentions about lucid dreaming on this site. If you’re having sleeping problems and want to get more rest try it. Whether you sleep only 4 hours, or a little bit more, you can get REM sleep by lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is when you’re sleeping and body is paralyzed but you’re conscious and can control your thoughts, it’s pretty easy to get into the state once you get the hang of it.

Lucid Dreaming usually occurs

• After four and a half hours of sleep
  • After six hours of sleep
  • After seven and a half hours of sleep

I first experienced it when I was sleeping only 3-4 hours a night and I didn’t know what it was when I got into it so I took myself out of it because it wasn’t normal sleep and I didn’t bother searching the web for explanations, so I missed out on meaningful rest during that time. But now I sleep around 6 hours a night and I lucid dream every chance I get because it really helps me feel more rested after I did it accidentally once again and googled it.

After sleeping normally for a certain amount of time I can’t get back to normal sleep no matter how much I try. I could get 6 hours of broken sleep (3 hours in a row, followed by waking up several times and sleeping maybe 20 minutes to an hour in varied increments afterwards) but after a that point I can’t sleep normally, so I turn to lucid dreaming. I just lay there thinking about random stuff keeping my body as still as possible and it just happens for me. I can stay in the state for a pretty long time, even if I have to get up to use the bathroom I can return to it easily.

It doesn’t seem like it but time passes by pretty quick during the dream. I get bored during it though, I run out of things to think about. At the height of the lucid dream your body is practically numb, if your hands are touching one another during it you can’t feel them at all. But the intensity varies, sometimes you can kinda move your fingers and still stay in the state.

If anybody has questions just google it, the technique is legit so there’s plenty of credible information out there.

1 Like

@lbv Thanks for the post, I think that could be really helpful.

Do you have a technique for slipping into lucid dreaming? Normally if I wake up, I move, look at the time and so on. Do you remain still?

I don’t do it anymore cause my sleep has recovered a lot since this post but I used to just stay calm and still as possible while thinking about random stuff. Generally I would be tired enough to lucid dream but not tired enough to go back to sleep so I think that’s why it was easy for me to do.

I don’t know how to really explain it though so that’s probably not the best way, but like I said you can google it, there are better techniques out there.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean @lbv it just happened to me last night. I had 3 straight nights of full 8 hour stage 3 deep sleep with no interruptions, then out of no where last night I was so tired from working out, but fell into this weird lucid state where my body was completely arrest, yet my mind wouldn’t shut off. In any case, today I felt really well rested in the morning despite this happening throughout the night.

I’m glad to hear that your sleep has recovered since March, 5 months is a long time to go without good rest but it’s reassuring to hear.

Yea but thinking and brain activity has a lot to do with it. I think if I was more relaxed I probably could’ve slept instead of lucid dreaming, but there were times where I just couldn’t be completely relaxed due to general stress.