Low volume of thick semen

Hello,

This is my first post on here so please forgive me if I sound a bit like an idiot. I quit finasteride at the beginning of December 2013 and following quitting the drug my sides never improved at all, and I experienced no “crash” that many on here experience. I am not sure if my symptoms are worsening or staying the same, but they definitely have not improved.

The scariest issue for me is my lack of morning erections and my extremely low volume of semen. While I did have a period of watery/reduced semen at the beginning, it has for the most part come out as extra thick, and in a tiny amount. If I try to go more than once per day the second try I may get absolutely nothing or one tiny drop.

The weird part about this is just last week I had a panick attack. After 2 days of considering suicide and depression I eventually calmed down. I took a fish oil supplement and took a day off of masturbating and the following day I felt great. My mind was clear and I felt a bit more like my old self again (minus the morning or random erections). I actually was horny that evening and decided to masturbate. I ended up producing almost a pre-fin amount of semen. This is not to brag or boast, because my success was short lived. I was so happy I almost cried.

Over the next few days I continued to take a fish oil/co enzyme q 10 supplement but my semen volume continued to slowly decline. Today it was back to its post-fin state (thick and almost none produced). Can anyone help me explain this? I have been freaking out (as I know many of us have) and I really don’t know what to do. I want to be able to have children one day. Also while I had this brief “recovery” my erections were much harder than since quitting fin but they too have since decreased.

Could it have been a temporary effect of the fish oil? Or could it have been from abstinence? Does anyone know why it would last for 5 days and only slowly decrease back to normal? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I currently take 25 mg zinc, 2000 iu vitamin D, 1000mg fish oil with 100unites of co q 10, and 1250 mcg of iodine from kelp daily. Please help me.

I hope you start feeling better, soon. I’m 6 months off and improving. Recently stopping masturbation has made me feel a lot better.

Thank you for your reply Hopingforthebest…after a few days I feel that I may be getting worse, I actually have random pains in my pelvic area now as well and I didn’t masturbate yesterday and still don’t feel much desire today. Honestly I know there are people out there who have it worse, and I know that it may get better over time. But I feel so alone and it seems so hopeless. I don’t know what to do and I haven’t really read anything too believeable or realistic about people recovering. The recovery section only has a few posts and most of these changes came over years of dramatic lifestyle changes or intense drug/hormone replacement therapy.

I guess the only thing I can take out of my propecia experience is that I view the world in a different way. Why did I care about hair-loss? My vanity could possibly have ruined my life. If I had only known how good I had it before I took those pills I wouldn’t be here today.

I heard about side effects that occurred in very few people. My doctor prescribed me the 1mg pill and told me that he has patients taking 5x that amount for other issues and have been for over 5 years with no side effects. Even then I was careful, I took only a quarter of a pill by cutting it with a cigar cutter just to be safe. Now I feel like I am in a nightmare. I took this stuff for less than 2 months at 0.25 mg a day and while I did not experience a “crash”, after 2 months off the stuff I have only gotten worse. At this point the only thing remaining intact are my penis size and the fact that I have not yet developed gynecomastia, and I wake up every day expecting these things to come. I am scared and I don’t know what to do.

Sorry for the rather dark reply but I am going through some terrible depression right now and I have no where to vent it.

Thanks again and wishing you a continued recovery.

I’m going through exactly the same as you, I’m trying to stay as positive as I can but it’s difficult. Today I feel awful but yesterday I was ok, so taking each day as it comes. My advice is to not mastubate for the time being as we are in a weakened state. Exercise in the gym and diet are my medicine to recover from this evil. Are you training?

Thanks again for the reply. I actually tried not masturbating for a day (i was every day just to see that and te next things still worked) and it actually came out much more normal the following day which is reassuring. I avent change my diet yet but i have started lifting some weights…have you had improvements by doing weights and changing diet? If so do you have any tips? It seems like everyones situation is different but if there is something that wols for you id like to give it a try. For me it seems once one issue improves another gets worse…my semen may slowly be returning to normal (cant confirm this yet) but my libido seems to be at an all time low and my scrotum now sometimes feels col. On the improvement side ive had stronger erections when i do get them up. Also i get random pains in my pelvic area now which kind of sucks…who knows bit i gotta stay positive and hope for the best. Any advoce is appreciated

I have a thread in this forum where I have noticed a number of things regarding erection, pleasure and quality of ejaculate

Sperm versus Semen and the prostate

Can anyone say something about this problem? I too have low-semen volume problem for 4 years, last months, i realized i had also softer erections and reduced intensity of orgasms… Im not 100% sure about the last two problems, they could be obsessions but low semen volume is so real. How can i increase my semen volume? Maybe that will solve all of my other problems… it seems to me all is end up in prostate? (i have good libido)

I was on TRT and my semen volume was pathetic. Then I switched to clomid + nolvadex and my ejaculations recovered 100% in terms of volume and force within 1 week, but sadly no better feeling.

1 Like

Is it still 100% healthy, are the gains sustainable? Are you still using the drugs man? So only recovered thing was ejaculation… hmm. Nolva is risky for me, maybe i try Proviron first. I want to ask that have you ever reacted negatively to androgen supplements or treatment? Have you tried androgen supplements before jumping to TRT? Im asking this because as you may know, i respond badly to supplements, it made me worse… this overexpressed AR receptor theory… if this theory is true, how you and many others respond positive to TRT and Nolva… strange world.

I reacted incredible bad to androgens 3 years ago. Only after progesterone and my “tomato juice protocol” I could tolerate TRT and recover my libido.

You need to fix your response to androgens first before raising LH/FSH.

And yes, as long as I take clomid my ejaculations are 100% normal. But orgasms are a different story, I also lack the build up and it doesnt feel like pre pfs.