Low LH and FSH (and TSH)

I’m going through some of my bloodwork results trying to get some kind of grip on what’s happened to my body and I noticed my LH, FSH, and TSH are all on the low side. FSH was actually flagged as low in my most recent test. I only have 2 bloodtests to reference:

Just a disclaimer, I took a 6 month course of Accutane over a decade ago and have been dealing with sides ever since (took a while to figure out what was happening). Major symptom I am trying to fix is low libido.

Bloodtest from 2017:

LH - 2.6 mlU/mL - Ref Range: 1.24-8.62
FSH - 2.1 mlU/mL - Ref Range: 1.27-19.26
TSH - 1.59 mclU/mL - Ref Range: .30-5.0

Bloodtest from 2019:

LH - 3.9 mIU/mL - Ref Range: 1.7-8.6
FSH - 1.4 mIU/mL - Ref Range: 1.5-12.4
TSH - 1.99 mcIU/mL - Ref Range: .34-5.6

Like I said, FSH is actually flagged as low on this latest test.

I look up what causes this and it all comes back to Pituitary / Hypothalamus damage. HPTA axis. All that jazz.

I think low LH / FSH is a common symptom. Anybody have any success raising either one with anything?

If this is truly hypothalamus / pituitary damage that was done by this drug, I feel like no matter what I do I’ll be fucked. Or I’ll have to be on something for the rest of my life.

1 Like

My numbers look similar to yours, I was on Clomid now off, not sure where the numbers are at.

My numbers were somewhat better prior to taking TRT.

You dont have to worry about low LH and FSH if you testosterone and estradiol have good values.
Low LH and FSH means your balls are working good

1 Like

Unfortunately they don’t in my case, I need to find a way to boost them.

My LH and FSH were abnormally low, on the cusp of being below normal, lower than yours from 2017.

My T and E2 was also obviously low, as I learned how it all works and one hormone leads to another. Or lack thereof in my case!

Same here, low lh/fsh after accutane. LH 1.5, fsh 2.
I am on a second cycle of clomid which temporarily boosts them to 4-5.

I get the same boost from Clomid. What are your T levels while you are on Clomid?

~700

1 Like

Is it benefitting

After my first clomid cycle T tanked to ~350-400 range.
Doc put me on a second clomid cycle after repeated IVF failures.

Clomid lh/fsh/T boost benefited in the sense that I have better sperm parameters now.
Other than that no improvement with sexual sides .

Lh - 0,6
FSH - 1,2
Is there any way to boost them.naturally or i have to jump.on HPTA restart?

Dont let lh stay that low for long.Might cayse shrinkage. HPTA restart is your best bet.

You can def try HCG or Clomid

I will, kida scared tho…

It is okay to be scared. In many of us, we feeling scared now when we are faced with real treatments that may help, but we were not scared when we just believed our doc or the commercials and ads and took the medication that may have hurt us.

Do what you can to reduce feeling scared. Engage in fun things and every day things so you will not only not focus on the being scared, but you will get things done at home at your job with your family etc. Hang in there. Try to relax in a healthy way/.

1 Like