Low Level Laser Therapy for ED

Hi guys, this is my first post, so thought I’d start off with something potentially positive.
I’ve only just realised since August that this drug causes all these problems, and now my life has had a dramatic change.
So far im only suffering from sexual side effects, and I’ve been off propecia since August. I first noticed performance issues in late April/May.

Anyway, I have been interested in light therapy for over a year since i found out about it when looking up ways to help recovery of injuries. All the findings seem to be positive, and the scientific principles behind how it works seems to make sense.

So i just did a search on it relating to ED, and came across this study which had an positive outcome laser.nu/lllt/lllt_editorial11.htm

I have a couple of LLLT devices which I wouldnt mind trying, but im also slightly scared i could do damage to something else down there.
But in terms of the muscle wastage and cell death that seems to occur in the penis, maybe this could stop that from occurring, or maybe reverse it?
And obviously according to the study can help with ED itself…

Any thoughts would be appreciated…

I personally would be interested in seeing your history filled out on the new members section before I click on that link so we can get to know you. Someone posting a link promoting a service or “medical device” as their first post might be seen by some as suspect.

Please and thank you. :slight_smile:

Yep thats understandable, no worries at all, all done!

just came across this
i have a 830nm device, gonna try it later on my nuts fo science

2. Red light or low-lever laser therapy (on your nuts)

Red light, near infra-red light (NIR) or low-lever laser therapy has been used to treat various conditions from pain and muscle aches to wound healing, skin conditions, osteoarthritis and even depression. These effects are usually local, but near-infrared light has also systemic effects via circulation of blood. You might want to read this super comprehensive article on red light and NIR by a Finnish medical student Vladimir Heiskanen.(82) He has been a key source of information for me regarding the healing effects of red light.

The basis for stimulating testosterone production by shooting red light and near-infra red light especially on your testicles lies on the mechanism how red (or infrared) wavelengths work inside the cell. The key is that they stimulate ATP production in Leydig cells thus increasing the energy available for the cells. This means more testosterone production.

There might be also other mechanisms, which are speculated in ”Red Light Man” site:

”Another potential mechanism involves a separate class of photoreceptive proteins, known as ‘opsin proteins’. The human testes are especially abundant with various of these highly specific photoreceptors including OPN3, which are ‘activated’, much like cytochrome, specifically by wavelengths of light. Stimulation of these testicular proteins by red light induces cellular responses that may ultimately lead to increased testosterone production, amongst other things, although research is still in the preliminary stages regarding these proteins and metabolic pathways. These type of photoreceptive proteins are also found in the eyes and also, interestingly, the brain.”(83)

I haven’t found any human studies on the subject, but according to a few studies done on rats the positive effects on testosterone production are enormous. For example a Korean study found out that low level laser therapy (LLLT) with wavelength of 670nm (which is in border of visible red light and infra-red light) 30 mins per day showed significant increase in serum testosterone by fourth day of the treatment without any harmful tissue penetration.(84) In that study, a wavelength of 808 nm didn’t have any effect on T production. Another study done with rams didn’t show any positive effects on T production with 808 nm wavelength.(85)

Still, that wavelength (800 nm+) might work on humans on the basis of other LLLT studies on different tissues (such as thyroid).

• Overall, red or infrared light from LED source is generally thought to be a safe therapeutic method
  • Avoid heating the testicles, since the heat will destroy sperm cells and have a negative effect on the Leydig cells
  • Avoid blue light and UV light exposure on testicles (blue light inhibits ATP production in mitochondria)

++++

Have you seen this paper? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25483212

yeah but I don’t have any laser, the LEDs tho are easy to get

look up lost falco’s blog to get some specs that should work

Did you used ref light therapy on your nuts?

And if yes what’s happen did you see improvements?

Thanks for sharing

still not

so did red light improve something for you?