Loss of Post-Finasteride Syndrome sufferer lashes_to_lashes

ofcourse man im 2 yrs sufferer, nothing is going to change for good in future, we are just silencing ourselves , out there there is this big cooperation who ruin peoples lives here we just sit and fight eachother back over protocols. the life we are living is probabaly 10% of what we used to be. we need something that unites ourselves we should put away everyother thing and picket infront of that mofo merck who did all this,

I agree that opinions.
During Baylor and Milano are searching for the reason of PFS, we make a united voice to Merck or media.
There are many pity suicides becaues of this scary drugs. I want to say a lot things, but my english skill very poor. but everyone in here can understand my intend. how can we make a united voice??

the only thing we can do is go on the street and stay in fron of their Headquarter, its been more than 10 years nothing has changed, me myself i spoke with 2 different medias(one french, the other 1 australian about pfs) but this is not enough, at leats merck should make up 4 the mess they did, i lost my bright future , all i focus is this f…ing PFsS while my friends are stacking up $ and banging chicks

1 Like

going to headquarters of merck is a very good intention to draw media attetions. But we are all different countries. when the Baylor and Milano researching find the reason, we can make money and have a powerful voice supporting PFS patients.

1 Like

i have 0 hope they can find any feasible solution in near future, the victims who are in states, we can gather up and go there, imao staying there for a while and getting results(at least getting paid for our lost lives) is much better than to stay silent…
id rather die a big death than live a small life

2 Likes

Or better yet have them fund the research to help clean the mess that they have created

2 Likes

they are greedy ass bitches, only force will make them make up for the mess, i spoke with 2-3 top notch lawyer here in l,a they told me they cant do anything!!!

1 Like

RIP

dont take cortisol.

Very sad, i pray for his family

A protest infront of Merck headquarters by a handful of people will result in them getting dismissed as mentally unstable cooks. It might grab a few headlines for a day but it will change absolutely nothing. Dont kid yourselves. It would be embarrassingly naive to think otherwise, as most people do not care about this particular disease and we cant expect them to. Do you care for other chronic unexplored drug induced diseases? No of course not. Thats why it wont work.

The only thing that will have an impact is a scientific prove and explanation of PFS.

2 Likes

did he commit suicide because of his terrible face changes?

Yup… Maybe we’re just better off staying silent and letting the foundation do all the work.

1 Like

Do you really think screaming infront of HQ will be enough or even relevant? If someone shoots himself to make a point, as some have suggested, you might get an article in the washington post or new york times instead of a local newspaper. For one day. Congratulations.

Enough, probably not. Relevant, yes I think it would be relevant why would it not be? Do you think Merck wants a bunch of picketers standing outside of their HQ with huge signs that read “Murderers”? Do you understand how negative that kind of publicity would be? Propecia is multi-billion dollar market for Merck. Now consider how negative the national media would portray the drug considering that the president of the most powerful country in the world is on Propoecia and doesn’t even realize why he can’t sleep at night. I don’t think this drug has even scratched the surface re: it’s long term effects being exposed to the public. There are new companies forming everyday (literally as we speak) who are launching marketing campaigns of Finasteride via social platforms and making a lot of money doing it. I don’t see your point as to how it’s not relevant.

4 Likes

It’s incredibly sad to hear of Matt’s passing. Like some of you I didn’t know him personally but in some ways we shared Matt’s struggles and difficulties of living day to day with PFS. In that respect we were much closer to Matt than we realise. His death is once again a difficult but truthful reminder of the devastating effects of the condition we call PFS.

Perhaps due to a lack of published information and support from the medical community PFS can feel like a lonely condition especially when those closest to us don’t understand or choose not to believe us. This can leave us making very difficult decisions by ourselves that even a healthy person would have a problem dealing with.

Society tells us get an education, work hard at your career, own your own home and raise a family, the so-called Western dream. Sadly nothing in that journey has prepared us for a life of PFS. Matt fought hard to help himself, supported others and shared his own knowledge of this condition. He did what he could and eventually his symptoms became too difficult to live with. Matt’s suffering is now over.

“Creativity is intelligence having fun”. As an Illustrator Matt was very creative, wherever he is I hope Matt is having fun and those closest to him take comfort in the creations he left behind.

8 Likes

@Pete1989

the way this dude is justifying mercks act makes me think maybe these all is our fault :)))), yup lets keep living our miserable lives and let the ceo and other bigshots in merck enjoy their money came from people like us , gathering in front of merck will do good 4 pfs patient rather than crawling in different forums like a crippled dog.

3 Likes

Are you interested in the proven fact that Methadon has a therapeutic effort when added to a chemotherapy? Or have you ever heard that?

I guess no. That will be the same with PFS.
As I said some months ago, ppl must be also emotionally touched to kinda feel what can happen. This is how ads work. Nobody seems to be interested in pure facts. To much information outwhere. My friends read about pfs some years ago but never were touched. Now as they know a victim (me), they are touched and wont ever take fin or anything influencing hormones.
And I have the impression there are more ppl getting aware of pfs here. And that inhibiting 5ar (DHT) is castration. Nothing else.

2 Likes

If we share some links (foundation/Matt’s story…) to our friends on social media, what would happen? We would need to warn also young ppl. via social media. The label alone is full of bad information.

The foundation can only do work if we do work. I.e. the foundation needs funding and in order for us to be able to fund it we need to work.

“Let the foundation do all the work” only makes sense if you are not donating. Of course those working at the foundation are doing something special and more work intensive than an individual donating.

Its not enough because the amount of people affected severely is too small to receive significant publicity. If you gather infront of HQ you will not receive any significant publicity. People will think that a few nutcase hypochondriacs are throwing a hissy fit (at least thats how the overwhelming majority will react, especially if you have a sign with “murderer” on it). I would even say that a protest with murderer signs would hurt our credibility and thus cause. Just think how someone from the outside will react: Hello what are you protesting? A medication. What is your problem? My cock has stopped working. And then he looks at the sign “murderer”. It will look ridiculous, even though someone who has PFS might interpret it differently (and take into account all symptoms).

Things will change as soon as there is scientific prove and an explanation from a reputable institution/ study. If a mechanism is uncovered which is relevant beyond PFS it will be even better, as our cause would gain relevancy. Currently is doesnt matter what you say, as you will be dismissed as a hypochondriac by the wider public and media.

1 Like