Loss of deep sleep after quitting propecia

Almost there month after quitting propecia I have some improvement improvement are daily morning wood less anxiety better erection and libido slightly longer sleep but the thing which is not improving is insomnia and constant dreaming all night without deep sleep I wake up unfrashed

I don’t know how long will it last but it is this for another month or two I will die

You won’t die and it’ll probably get better.

The majority of people who post here have problems with sleep and most people find that with time their sleep gets better.

I know it’s scary, frustrating as I had the same. My sleep is better than it was at 3 months, it’s still not great and there are ups and downs.

3 months is too early to say what will happen with you, it’s still quite possible to recover.

lyrica enhances slow wave sleep it boosts my deep sleep from <50m to >1h30 always without fail

the difference in day energy, brain fog etc is BIG

it agonizes the same receptor(GABAA) as allopregnenolone btw

I was on Propecia for 13 years. I went off it 6 years ago. Problems with insomnia and an inability to achieve deep sleep began in the first year. I attributed it to life circumstances and never made the connection to the drug. I wish I had seen the link earlier. I would have stopped taking it immediately. Unfortunately, I didn’t see what it was doing to me. Symptoms have not improved in the 6 years since I went off Propecia. In fact, as I age, the sleep issues have worsened. My Propecia years have left me utterly exhausted with chronic migraines and a host of other PFS symptoms.

Me too man, unrefreshing sleep since 2014. Starts to take a toll on you for sure. I’ll have like 1-3 days every so often (talking months to years) where I’ll have pretty refreshing sleep but it never lasts. I can sleep 8 hours straight a lot of the time but I have vivid and always upsetting dreams