Longtime Lurker....I have recovered...after 7 years!

I have tried L-histidine amino acid and many other amino acid supplements, did nothing for me. So did many others here without succes.
Funny to see that after 5 years people still bring up the same thing… like 50 people say it didn’t work and 1 lucky fella says it worked and everyone jumps on it again and again for years.

I thought histamine intolerance was what a lot of people think we have- so the opposite of what is being said here (low histamine).
Has anyone tried Damine oxidase (DAO) supplementation?

Based on my experience with experimenting with Amino acids and seeing first hand how they substantially impact my symptoms I believe this thread

But I don’t think we will all react the same to the same amino acids so I don’t think it’s a situation where “all we need to do is increase or decrease histamine”. I think it’s much more complicated then that. My theory though is that with the right combo for our own cases we could see a big improvement. But with a huge price to pay if we take the wrong combo. Unfortunately it seems going this rout is a high risk high reward play. Even more so then playing with hormones in my opinion

Which ones did you see improvement after using?

All I know for certain as of now is that 5-HTP, L-Tryptophan, L-Theanine and co factor B6 helps me a lot with constipation . I have come off of these and came back on them enough times to know . I also know that I can take them for 2 weeks time periods with out crashing or hurting other areas such as sleep and the sexual sides in a noticeable bad way . I do get minor weird sensations that come and go in my head while on these which I think is the 5-HTP specifically. Nothing bad or life altering though .

I speculate that these amino’s and the B6 increase serotonin production in the gut that stimulates bowel movements . Most serotonin production is apparently produced in the gut. I also speculate that my over all serotonin production was lowered in an attempt to find equilibrium in response to other neurotransmitters getting messed up

I was on all of these listed here plus several other ones and SAMe for 64 days straight and crashed hard while on them all at the end of November 2020. I literally felt like I got PFS again insomnia wise

So that leads me to the obvious question:

How is it that I felt like I got PFS again simply by taking amino acids and SAMe? All these things do is make neurotransmitters. That’s why I think for me it’s a total neurotransmitter imbalance

I want to try to increase dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine with their appropriate amino acid predecessors. I’m building up the balls to do it. Was going to start yesterday. But I have some demons to deal with first haha

1 Like

drgreene,

I see you are a veteran here

After all that time, if the worst moment after discontinuation was 0
where are you now in physical sides, mental sides and sexual sides?

You could have a normal life in some way?

Does anyone know the dosage this user was taking of l-histidine and b6? Another user claimed to basically recover with a histidine and cysteine. Seems to be at least some merit here and I’d like to pursue this. Would love to hear anyone’s experience

Personally I wouldn’t think it will make a big difference if any, but you can start with lowest dose possible and build your way up

That’s my plan as of now, yeah. Are you saying this treatment probably won’t make much of a difference? Could you comment why?
I kinda agree, I mean it’s just an amino acid and a vitamin but eh who knows right?