Longtime Lurker....I have recovered...after 7 years!

That makes more sense honestly. Paleo and Tribulus are just so common with recovery stories

2 Likes

Maybe y’all already have, but if you haven’t, I believe if you’d add a lot more amino acids to the mix, you’d have a lot better results with your symptoms. Histidine just targets one thing, each protein is specific to what it does in your body. I keep preaching it over and over again on here. Amino acids are the building blocks of our bodies and if something in us is altered, like our genes, than our bodies are not properly synthesizing the acids. I had another full recovery here recently with a topically applied acid called Mandelic acid. It has cleared up all my dry skin and my hands haven’t been this smooth in 19 years and libido has improved even more.

1 Like

I’m surprised as well , since you have mentioned this Greek. I found this post after doing a search of dairy free , after reading, it sounds more legit than 99% of all the other recovery posts on this forum imo.

For what it’s worth, my first long term, self sustaining recovery/complete reversal was from histidine and cyestine, which have a synergistic effect. Completely recovered after 3 days.

this implies it was not the last??

1 Like

@Quest What are your theories as to why Histidine and Cyestine worked so well? I too had a complete and total 2 day recovery when taking my first dose of Histidine. In fact, that was the only true recovery I can recall since quitting fin 2.5 years ago. I wonder if this may have something to do with Histamine levels? I do have some allergies, as well as an autoimmune skin issue called Vitiligo. I wonder if these are somehow related? Just trying to piece some things together and wondering if anyone has any theories.

I also recall when I was crashing, that I had serious night sweats, as if my body was fighting off some infection or disease. I could barely sleep and my body was sweating bullets and shivering in bed.

1 Like

I also have an autoimmune disease along with hayfever

1 Like

Autoimmune disease here as well. I also was getting very bad hives on my arms and chest around the time I crashed

2 Likes

Likely cyestine and histidine are cofactors to something that my body was seriously missing. It turned back on something after 3 days, and it still does after exactly 3 days of charge up time. It’s what made me believe in recommendations from other unnamed forums.

I think the fact that so many people have both autoimmune issues and weird digestive issues points this towards being a gut-brain problem, as we are discovering a lot of autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases originate and evolve in/from gut.

But that’s my opinion based on my experience. My body just wasn’t getting something and it finally turned back on.

1 Like

I had also an autoinmune disorder…right after my crash, alopecia areata.
In order to solve it my dermatologist prescribed me cortisone both oral and also injections once per month (what i do think also contain…finasteride, but i am not 100% sure however).
After few months i felt good again, i would say 95% ok during years. Now i am worse and worse over the time, and i do not know the reason…now i would say i am 60%…

At least we can conclude that our damage is not permanent from this story. As he said it was a day and night change! At least there is a possible hope for complete reversal of the damage if we find the right points to cure ourselves.

5 Likes

Just bumping this thread, very interesting recovery. Anyone else tried histidine?

1 Like

Probiotics, including L. Reuteri strains, can boost histamine. They efficiently convert histadine into histamine. That said, excess histamine is problematic in people suffering from histamine intolerance syndrome (AKA MCAS). @Das

1 Like

I took BioGaia L. Reuteri 10 billion CFU and it absolutely decimated my sinuses. Never felt allergies like that before.

Overall I’ve noticed in the five years of having PFS that I have more allergies than usual, especially in the morning.

This mirrors my experience with BioGaia L. Reuteri. Gave me bad histamine intolerance symptoms including allergic rhinitis, itchy skin, headaches and sinusitis. Yes, chronic allergies was also my main complaint beside PFS. That’s why I’ve been suspecting problems with the gut and was working to resolve them. I just receieved my results for microbiome analysis from Thryve Inside. I’ll share my results.
@dj91

Are you going to use the Thryve personal probiotics?

I’m checking my results. I can see some findings that correlate with my symptoms. I’m surprised that I’ve nonexistent Lactobacillus and low Bifidobacterium count after plethora of probiotics! I also have low Akkermansia muciniphila bacteria count, which is said to be indicated in those with gut permeability. Gotta say I’m not fan of their personalized probiotics since they mostly contain the standard Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species/strains found in most commercial probiotics. However, their personalized food plan and recommendations based on results seem plausible.

I’ve uploaded some screenshots below:

1 Like

I tried l histidine at 5g from myprotein and it did nothing tbh.

I’m new to all this guys, just found this forum today. The passion and motivation you all seem to have to find a resolution to what we’re suffering as really lifted my spirits. Good on you

6 Likes

anyone ever do anything else with this ? kind of interesting, found this:

Histidine (symbol His or H )[2] is an α-amino acid that is used in the biosynthesis of proteins.

used in biosynthesis of protein, maybe protein digestion is compromised and him taking the histadine helped it work properly