Lion’s Mane crash?

I quit finasteride a couple weeks ago and after a week i began to feel much better. My brain fog was pretty much cleared and my libido came back. But this week i started taking lions mane for brain health and it seems since then my brain fog has come back and i’m feeling very lousy again. My pelvic floor and genital area feels the same weird way as it did while i was on finasteride. Is there really a connection here? Am i screwed?

So why waste your time here. Stop taking lions mane it’s a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. Don’t be dumb, stop taking shit and go live your life

1 Like

I’ve been taking Lion’s Mane tea and/or capsules for the last few months. I didn’t know that it was a 5ARI but a quick Google search shows that it is a pretty significant inhibitor. I don’t know how much 1,500 mg of Lion’s Mane per day would inhibit compared to lets say 1mg of finasteride. I didn’t notice any changes but I am considering throwing away the rest. I was taking it because it supposedly stimulates production of nerve growth factor which can repair peripheral sensory neurons and stimulate neurogenesis. I have sensory numbness from PFS and was diagnosed with pudendal neuropathy.

I remember the Lion’s Mane was part of the list of CDnuts protocol list with herbs… Another proof that taking herbs and shit is highly dangerous!

I definitely don’t recommend spending time here if you just came off finasteride. Nobody knows how to improve chances of recovery or accelerate the process. But we do know most guys who develop side effects do recover. It can take a couple weeks. It’s generally recommended to wait three months before getting to the point where its pretty likely that you do potentially have PFS. At that point, it might make more sense for you to come back and see what this forum has to offer you.

I’m not trying to force you out of here or anything, especially since you seem pretty reasonable, but I think you are better off trying to relax, see if you recover naturally, and not putting any more stress on yourself by browsing these forums. Good luck. If you’ve just quit a couple weeks ago, you are fortunately not currently one of us in the PFS category.

1 Like

I’ve read a lot of stories on r/nootropics of Lions Mane results that mimic PFS. Id stay far away.

Fuck, I also ordered a LM extract for overall brain health. Seems like another waste of money.