Lifting Weights

If 95% of my sides are mental (5% unnoticeable other sides to be safe), then would it be safe to lift weights? I was lifting for a few months last year and didn’t notice anything. Recently was doing cardio for a few months straight.

dunnow. i feel better after i do sprints.

2 Likes

If you didn’t have a negative reaction last year, I would try again.

There are plenty of people who say it helps.

I personally think that even if it doesn’t directly help, you might improve your overall condition meaning that though the PFS is holding up back, you’re being held back from a slightly better place.

2 Likes

even if it doesn’t help with PFS, my goal was to get my functional strength back for when I engage in sports, but if it helps then ill take it lol

1 Like

if i’m remembering correctly, @Mcbbould has been affected mostly neurologically and is able to work out with no issues

1 Like

That’s correct. I also workout with extreme intensity (super heavy weight low reps) with HIIT training once or twice a week. Doesn’t really impact my symtoms and it’s the only place I truly feel normal. Working out has been said to inrease brain growth, but I know it may have hormonal implications that isn’t good for everyone. Even the feeling of soreness grounds me into my body (I’ll workour barefoot when no one is in the gym).

4 Likes

sounds good, especially knowing that you do high weight and low reps- im going to be strength training as well.

Yeah again this my own experience, so please take caution and be very cognizant of your body and how you are feeling. I also do cognitive exercises and I never notice a difference before or after so i don’t think it’s negsticely impacting me in that department

2 Likes

which cog exercises?

I do luminosity everyday. I also do humanbenchmark.com and track my scores to ensure I’m only improving cognitively. I also do vision exercises “eye exerciser” app and “ULTIMEYES”.

1 Like

thanks man

That’s interesting, is the trend a steady improvement or do you have spikes of greater improvement?

So my testing was always on the higher side, Even when I was professionally tested, but I never did this pre pfs so I may have been even higher. Now I think I steadily increase, but the tests are not very sensitive, so you only really see a jump when you make a significant amount of progress. I also think part of it is that I’m learning how to score well in the games, so not sure how accurate it all is. Either way, it’s stimulating and it takes a few minutes a day, so I just add it to my “wellness stack” because it can’t hurt.

2 Likes

professionally tested in these games? Or a standardized test?

No neuropsychological cognitive testing

1 Like