levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1974 … d_RVDocSum

nutshell, very interesting. I have also heard that creatine boosts IGF-1 levels.

Wonder whether the DHT boost is skin based (Type I) or testicular/pituatary (Type 2). Anyone have access to the full article?

kazman

I like the sound of this. I feel like slamming my system with as much male hormones as possible may help my body and brain pop back. Since DHT cannot be aromatized it is a vital part in balancing and repairing the damage that Estrogen and Low T caused. I also believe that it is the quickest path to normalizing and masculinizing the body again. With the DHT supression from fin, E had been having free reign all over my body, and in the brain the T that was present had little effect in curbing the E since T alone can be aromatized. The role of DHT in the brain and the fact that absence of it allows for unmitigated aromatization in the brain further supports my contention that our brains have been feminized and this has impacted our brain processes. I’m gonna go out and by me a tub of creatine tomorrow.

Inlimbo, actually research shows that masculinization of the brain is a result of estradiol/estrogen via aromatization in the brain of testosterone.

Yes it does in rodents. However in primates the research shows that T and DHT is more of a factor.

Ok, haven’t checked that but I have tried arimidex and the effect on the brain/mind is awful; anxiety, lack of energy, lack of libido, depersonalization, insequrity about previous solid beliefs and opinions.

That’s interesting. I have felt that way for years haha, sad. But seriously, I am pursuing this problem from the opposite angle because my problems started immediately on fin. My DHT plummeted from the 1.75mg I was taking and my E went way up, evidenced by a long list of high E symptoms. When I quit those symptoms stayed with me. So I aim to lower E and increase my DHT and pray for the best cuz I cant deal with my current state much longer. There is no doubt that aromatization of T in the brain is important in proper male function, but I think it needs to balanced with DHT at all times.There is prolly some magical ratio that we all fucked up by suppressing the DHT and letting E get out of hand. What were your DHT levels like on armidex?

Didn’t check blood hormone levels when I tried arimidex. Did it couple months later (although not DHT); Estradiol 76 pmol/L, testosterone 22 nmol/L, SHBG 22 nmol/L.

What high E symptoms did you suffer from?

Did you try this out (how long, dose)? Could you give us a summary of what changes you may have felt and what effects if any on bloodwork??

I can say that I and I’ve read others who describe a slight onset of acne during creatine supplement. So I think there is some weight to this study.

I have noticed some slight acne on my chest and back.

As I understand increase in DHT is leading to worsening of symptoms

Pre-story
*The enzyme 5α-reductase, which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), performs key functions in the androgen receptor (AR) signaling pathway. The three isoenzymes of 5α-reductase identified to date are encoded by different genes: SRD5A1 , SRD5A2 , and SRD5A3

theory assumes that 5AR type1 and 2 is downregulated in PFS . In PAS there is no evidence that 5AR 2 is downregulated. Studies only shows 5AR1 downregulation. And from this study we see that DHT increasing level of SRD5A1 and Decreasing SRD5A2 and SRD5A3. 5AR Type 1 is produced primarily in liver and skin and is carried to the prostate via the systemic circulation. Type 2 (SRD5A2) is the major form in the prostate. So further downregulation of SRD5A2 possibly will lead to worsening of symptoms.

According to the study DHT is regulating these genes differently.

To test whether the mRNA level of 5α-reductase is regulated by androgens, we treated LNCaP cells with either ethanol (i.e., vehicle only) or with testosterone or DHT at different concentrations (1, 10, and 100 nM). The normal plasma concentration of testosterone in men ranges from 350 to 1050 ng/dL (12.1–36.4 nM) [37], and the castrate level of testosterone is less than 50 ng/dL (1.73 nM) [38]. The plasma concentration of DHT is about 1/10 of the testosterone concentration [39], [40]. Thus, we treated cells with concentrations of androgen that are close to the castrate, physiologic, and superphysiologic levels. Our qRT-PCR analysis showed that DHT treatment resulted in an increased level of SRD5A1 mRNA, whereas it led to decreased levels of SRD5A2 and SRD5A3 mRNA in LNCaP prostate cancer cells ([Fig. 2A](https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0028840#pone-0028840-g002)).

3 Likes