Let’s do this 2- from @papasmurf

Hey guys,
Just passing on some info from @Papasmurf.
Ryan and I are both firm believers in activism. There are clear links with these afflictions (PSSD, PFS, PAS) and we all need to push these issues to the forefront. This is something that everyone can do, for those who don’t want to expose their identity.

THE POLITICS OF PSSD - We need as many of British people with PSSD as possible to write to their MPs and ask for their help. A template letter is provided in this post and can be adapted if you are a friend or relative writing on behalf of someone else who has PSSD (or PFS or PRSD). Also provided is a copy of a letter from Professor Healy to Professor Rasi at the European Medicines Agency, to be enclosed with your letter.
PSSD isn’t just a UK problem and therefore this initiative shouldn’t be limited to the UK. Our 2018 paper on 300 cases of enduring sexual dysfunction included reports from 37 countries across six continents. We now have close on 600 cases.

3 Likes

This is also a note from Dr Healy on those who like me have only ever endured mental sides.

Dr. David Healy

February 18, 2020

I suggest you modify the letter and say something like “I,and many others, suffer from enduring and permanent emotional numbness which is believed to be closely related to the genital numbness that causes PSSD and is also linked to suicides”.

It would be helpful if you could file a rxisk report and state emotional numbness as your problem. It might be time for us to start collecting these also.

There is no question that emotional numbness, anhedonia, can be as bad or even worse that PSSD but various forms of emotional numbness and depersonalization can be caused by a range of different drugs making it a far more difficult problem to unravel. If we find what reverses PSSD we will almost certainly have something that reverses the emotional numbing that SSRIs can cause but maybe not a range of other anhedonic states that treatments can cause.

David