Latest blood test results - sky high SHBG

I am naturally slim as well, no matter what I eat it seems

6’ tall, 150lbs and I can eat piles of candy or fried food and it doesn’t matter, still no weight gain

I am 6’ 1 tall and weight 11 stone, I have never been able to put on any weight at all, At times I’ve eaten very unhealthy and a lot of it, I worked across the road from McDonald’s and ate that everyday 5 days a week 2-3 times a day and nothing. I’ve been slim my whole life, do you think we could of had high SHBG before propecia use? Maybe if some other users with high SHBG see this thread they can chime in and let us know there height and weight and if they struggle to gain any weight.

I too am naturally slim and can’t really put on any weight.

I’ve always been slim and always struggled to put on any weight my whole life, if it’s the same with you guys, do you think we’ve always had high SHBG and its not something propecia did to us? Or did propecia give us high SHBG and does it lower libido? If we’ve always had high SHBG then surely it doesn’t effect libido because mine was sky high before :confused:

Tough to say without test results prior to pfs, and I had never had any blood work until a few months before I stopped taking dut. I don’t know what they tested then but I think I’m going to call the doc and request a copy of those results. I wasn’t having issues at that point as far as I know

2 Likes

Yup I am very slim have high shbg in 60s.
Can’t gain weight.

Have you always been slim even before propecia and struggled to gain weight?

I have always been slim

Yup always, never crossed 60 kg, mostly between 55-60, with lowest at 53.
5’-6" hight.

Just chiming in, have high SHBG too. Just before crashed weighed 90kg/6’ and quite muscular. Now I’m 81kg and not looking all that good. I’ll probably just forget looking any kind of way until PFS is done.

Low SHBG is marker for diabetes (poor insulin sensitivity) and excess weight, so high SHBG might just mean that you’re reasonably lean and thin.

However, I doubt that SHBG itself makes you thin, it’s probably a downstream effect of genetics or something else.

FWIW, I tried lowering SHBG by making a concerted effort to gain weight (really hard to do in a healthy way), and my blood tests now show lower SHBG and free T coming back in range. BUT - estrogen has also increased (more adipose tissue for aromatization?) and I don’t feel any better.

1 Like

@orthogs did you start prep yet? Any results?

I tried taking it once in the early evening. When I was in bed I was shivering uncontrollably for a few hours so I decided not to take it again. I didn’t notice it having any effect on any PFS symptoms.

Don’t people get side effects for the first 2 weeks?

And apparently the improvements come after a few days

I’ve read that high SHBG can be a symptom of hyperthyroidism