Lacy’s story - Sides on Fin, crash on minox?

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?

UK

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

Google

What is your current age, height, weight?

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

Finasteride, Minoxidil

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

Topical Finasteride, 1 times a week for a month. 1st week: 0.25mg, 2nd week: 0.125mg, 3rd week: 0.0625mg then quit.

Minoxidil: A month before Fin then 2 months after. Tapered off too, only applied a capful never two.

What condition was being treated with the drug?

Balding :sob::sob:

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

1 month fin, 3 months minox

Date when you started the drug?

Minox: Oct 2023

Fin: Nov 2023 - quit same month

Date when you quit the drug?

Fin: Quit same month

Minox: Dec 2023

Age when you quit?

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Taper

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

Immediate for Fin and Minox took 2 months to show

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Fin: Libido is steadily coming back, along with improvements in HF 3 months off

Minox: Stretchy skin, collagen loss, skin indentations, joint pain and popping

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive - Slowly coming back after quitting nicotine but still not like how it was
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled) - Slowly getting better
[x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis - bends a little to the left now
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[x] Muscle Weakness
[x] Joint Pain
[x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

I have pre bloods, will update when I do post bloods even though it has been 3 months already…

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

After applying 0.25mg of fin, scalp itch went completely and balls shriveled up a little. Woke up next day with muscle pain everywhere, ball pain and weirdly a higher pitched voice with more cracking?! This went next day and started with 0.125mg next week. Same sides but less pain, went next day. Week after I did 0.0625mg, no muscle pain, no ball pain but quit anyway because clearly this drug was not for me. 2 days later I had ball pain again, and woke up with severe hard flaccid. This has gotten like 80% better since then, but oddly I find myself with a crazy high libido for a couple of days, then followed by a flatline for weeks. I noticed that I had developed gyno during the treatment too, but went away after quitting - maybe in a couple of days?

I continued to use minoxidil, had all the sides, heart palps, tiredness ect… so I quit and then a month after I crashed horribly, it was like I had the flu. Severe muscle aches, night sweats, developed raynauds in hands and feet, fatigue, sore throat, wheezy cough. This all went in a week, and then now I notice the collagen issues, joint popping, skin indentations and dark circles. Like my hands sweat a TON they feel clammy all the time, it hurts to rest my hand on my phone. Muscles have gotten softer too.

I have a timeline that I did myself so you can see the progression of my symptoms. I’ll do regular updates too

1 Like

Does anyone know about this surge in libido for a couple of days then flatline for weeks?

1 Like

Hello mate,

Really sorry you’ve been hit by this. The surge in libido is generally viewed as the result of a rebound in DHT then the flatness or crash is because of insufficient /over sensitivite receptors.

Hopefully over the coming months you’ll see a slow recovery. Stay away from supps and any other 5aris. Hold in to the hope that many do recover.

Please repot your symptoms to the mhra (yellow card scheme) it takes 5 minutes and is very important.

Kindest

2 Likes

Hi, here’s my timeline so far:

16/11/23 - Ball ache after quitting fin for 3 days

17/11/23 - Development of HF, along with severe ED and urinary incontinence

18/11/23 - Can maintain a weak erection

19/11/23 - Nighttime erections present along with slight increase in libido, HF still present

11/12/23 - same as previous entry, seems to get better when in shower

15/12/23 - Applied minox again, and felt extreme tiredness

22/01/24 - crash - low body temperature, blue limbs, fatigue, joint clicking, night sweats, no appetite, TMJ

02/02/24 - some joint clicking, TMJ, colour is back, no fatigue Sexual sides still remain.

10/02/24 - joint clicking still remains, libido is back, HF still present. Appetite back, night sweats gone.

12/02/24 - less joint clicking, less joint pain, reduction in TMJ clicking, HF still there but seems be getting better.

19/02/24 - Dark circles, HF 60% recovered.

21/02/24 - nocturnal and morning erections back HF better, TMJ still there.

26/02/24 - ball ache, woke after 1 hour of sleep feeling refreshed? Stopped same day. TMJ gone.

29/02/24 - skin deterioration continues, with joint clicking. HF is getting better still.

03/03/24 - significant improvement in hard flaccid, skin is worse, joint clicking same. Soft squishy muscles.

05/03/24 - joint clicking, muscles are slightly denser after exercising. Perhaps some bone loss. Hf still better, body hair coming back quick hair is less oily

06/03/24 - libido is steadily coming back after quitting nicotine for 5 days. I notice a normal texture more than HF atp.

09/03/24 - sexually everything is almost normal. Skin and joints are worse. Muscles are soft, fat moves around more and skin is the same, maybe worse.

11/03/24 - I have noticed that my skin on my face is less doughy and more uniform? I’m not sure how to express it tbh but it’s beginning to look like pre crash state. Collagen on hands is degrading further. Morning, nocturnal and spontaneous erections are becoming more frequent.