Lab in China testing CRISPR as a treatment intervention for PFS

Wouldn’t the Crispr lab want to know exactly which genes to edit based on a current test. Otherwise they are shooting in the dark and that’s unlikely to happen with a human subject. Baylor would be an overview but it’s unlikely to be used to make gene edits on a patient.

They Baylor study will ponpoint exactly what genes(s) are modified, if any.

@holyhead

If Baylor has actually “completed” has the foundation claims despite the 10 different stories from khera even it never publishes khera would be free to talk about it openly…Its over the study is done so all this hush hush stuff is bologna…Don’t know who will access to it but of course he knows and if its actually been in peer review for a year as some claim its probably not going to publish but he could still help the foundation…

Its completed its just been going through peer review for a while. Its out of the Foundation’s hands at this point as well as Baylor

@Hbcap

How much money are we talking about to run another Baylor like study? $500k?

For a small study with only one subject and one control it was around $8,000 if I remember correctly, however at this point its redundant as Baylor’s study should be published any day now (as we have been saying for years)

@lakehouse

didn’t another study already clarify that its not the AR gene thats silenced for everyone?

also, according to the foundation’s theory, we would need 2-3 more types of tests before we can use CRISPR to help us

No. Also using CRISPR it probably wouldn’t matter what type of epigenetic modification it was, but I would assume Baylor will show that too

1 Like

I think awor said in order for animal testing we would 2-3 more studies

But you’re saying human guinea pigs

So it makes sense I suppose

Can we trust the outcome of Baylor, a study that was supposed to be done and dusted in two years is now five years overdue. Do we now look at a small study?

I’m a first author on many scientific journal publications and also have participated in the review of probably 20 papers and have never heard of it ever taking anything remotely like a year to review a paper. 3 months at the most.

5 Likes

Reading that made me feel sick

Hahaha what!!! You pulled that one out of the bag. Are you a scientist?

2 Likes

And then there’s also that news that they are going to withhold half of the results for a later paper that might take another 7 years to eventually come out if it ever does (that the paper is going to be split into two now)?

1 Like

Not in medicine.

So Baylor a 100k study could potentially take 14 years to complete.

The human genome project cost 3 billion dollars and took between 13-15 years to complete.

Speechless!!!

Maybe medical papers are more complex to review with things like ethics being heavily taken into account and have to be heavily scrutinised ? Or maybe we’re screwed

1 Like

Fin is hella money machine. So we are screwed

Would it be totally dumb to send the Baylor scientists in charge (dr khera?) an e mail asking for an update?not that I’d expect any valuable information

They have…Several have here many times and he responded several times by email and in person and always its coming in 2017, 2018, 2019…Some of you people need to do a search here for Baylor and u will see they have went through this many times over the years and the answers never make any sense or pan out… The Foundation has offically said it is “Complete” beyond that nobody knows anymore…Khera has told people this I can remember as far back as 2015 it was complete and releasing the next year…Who knows now??

Rather than this turn into a Baylor bashing thread we need to move forward.

1 Like

Okay I see.its a shame

That’s incredibly unsettling
That just makes me feel Merck is interfering with it somehow

2 Likes

@moonman1 hey man, any updates.
Any thing we can help you with to get this expedited?

I’d be willing to donate

could you contact the josiah zayner ele quer tornar isso facil e acessível para todos parece ser um visionário e acredito que não ficaria tão caro quanto em laboratórios.

What?