Ketogenic diet and insomnia

I know many people have had great success on here with the keto/carnivore diet so this isn’t an attempt to put anybody off, just my own experience.

Whenever I attempt a low carb or keto diet I seem to develop awful insomnia. I’m wondering if anybody else has had a simar experience? I can’t seem to find anybody who has.

I seem to develop these symptoms whenever I attempt something that influences gut bacteria one way or another.

Keto diet is dangerous. It can help light cases of Syndrome. IMO, this people haven’t syndrome

Why is it dangerous?

Because keto diet is only proteins and fat. You need even fibers, carbs, sugar, ect…

I agre mate. But in the short term why would it negatively effect PFS? I don’t want to follow it for more than a few weeks.

“Keto diet is dangerous, you need carbs” this is not a logical or scientific statement. Do you guys aware that we are evolved by eating mostly just meat for long periods of time in nature? Carbs is just a new thing in the history of Homo Sapiens.

“The archaeological record suggests that wheat was first cultivated in the regions of the Fertile Crescent around 9600 BCE. Botanically, the wheat kernel is a type of fruit called a caryopsis.” (Wikipedia)

Remember Homo Sapiens emerged 200,000 years ago. Burning fat has proven benefits over burning sugar via carbs. As for the question, i don’t see much change about my sleep, but i think i need less sleep on keto.

insomnia is common on keto as you are adapting.

take electrolytes especially magnesium, potassium, and sodium.

google this problem and you will see a whole bunch of people that struggle with the same. look how they solved for it

3 Likes