ITV looking to Interview PFS guys in England

Just got this email from Philip Roberts.

If your in England/Wales and would like to take part in the show please contact Philip Roberts at
proberts@pfsfoundation.org

Did anything come of this?

The show was on a few days ago I didn’t see it my self but from what I understand the Doctor on the show promoted the use of Propecia.

thesun.co.uk/living/2804577 … ee-months/

Here’s a link to the show unfortunately you can only watch it if you have a UK IP.

itv.com/hub/save-money-good- … a4665a0005

The show is now on bit torrent for anyone who wants to watch it outside the UK.

uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.onion.rip/torr … .x264-FEET

Hi there Mark,

I’m afraid that I’ve not watched the show as it makes me anxious seeing propecia promoted in any way. Can you give a brief précis of how they covered propecia i.e. whether it was effectively just a puff piece promoting it, or whether they mentioned side effects, law suits etc., and the quality of this if they did?

Thanks.

It was a puff piece.

The show was basically saying Propecia was a great drug because if you took it you could avoid hair transplant surgery.

It was like a commercial for Propecia.

They said “like all drugs it comes with a long list of side effects” but there was no mention of permanent side effects.

The “Doctor” who presented the show took Propecia for 3 months.

What I find very suspicious about the show is that they promoted name brand Propecia which costs many times more than generic Finasteride.

This goes against the shows narrative about trying to “save money”.

Whats even more disturbing is that they made no mention of PFS even though they were in contact with the PFS foundation.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Mark for the summary. Very disappointing that an item like this should be televised when so much has now come to light about how permanently devastating this drug can be. This is at the very least grossly irresponsible. How many more young men will be unnecessarily exposed to this dangerous drug because of this.

3 Likes

It’s strange how they can do a show promoting propecia without mentioning the negatives yet their has already been one guy on from the UK that’s been on a breakfast TV reporting all the sexual and mental side effects he suffered he was taken to hospital a couple of times due to it all.
I don’t get how the world just overlooked him he came across as nice guy that genuinely wanted to warn people of the issues that the drug causes.
If I remember rightly his name was Paul hynes I did try to contact directly through his website which again tells you his story .
Paul also promotes this website on his site too
I never heard back from him from my last email I may try again.

The show was in contact with PFS guys but still decided to promote the drug anyway.

It’s also very suspect that they promoted name brand Propecia.

I wonder did Merck sponsor the show ?

2 Likes