It's so difficult

After another prepared visit to the Dr today he was even more apologetic and liost for words he said that he hoped we’d get help one day but stated he was bound by the constraints of the NHS and that this disease is not understood right now. He acknowledged the global tissue loss and all of the the other symptoms/ disintegration but did say that to my credit I’ve done extremely well to get a pfs diagnosis on my record.
He stated he’s submitted a yellow card and said he feels helpless in trying to bring something to the table towards restbite/ but symptom management was his only offering which we know is ineffective.
I try to protect my loved ones no matter how bad this is!! The relentless hell and system decline is unbearable. My wife was with me today and she was vocal stating “you can’t leave him like this its unbearable witnessing this suffering there has to be something to help” She left to pick my son up from school before the appointment ended…
The Dr was visibly effected by our desperation. I left the surgery with the mask back on!!!
On a positive we have another DR who has recognised the devastating multitude atrophic
effects of Propecia. Please don’t hideaway from this!!! If we all pushed we’d be in a better position in terms of Drs being more reluctant in prescribing this poison. God speed my brothers.

8 Likes

You’ve done amazing things mate. As the doctor said, to have got this condition recorded on your medical record is of great significance.

6 Likes

You’re a hard man mate. You should be proud.

5 Likes

Laz youre a soldier. Cant imagine fighting like you have all this time. When we all get better, I owe you some of the finest cigar and whisky you can find

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Guys, when I get to the next MHRA challenge I’ll ask if the disease is not recognised how then do I have an official diagnosis. Simply because a Dr/consultant had no other explanation for my presentation of symptoms another question for them to answer!!! I’m popping into my MPs office this morning see where I get.

5 Likes