Itookfindanddutast's Story

My libido is higher than it ever has been since getting PFS and my hair is starting to get fucked still lol.

I have noticed these big changes started after using “Head and Shoulders shampoo”.

After using it within a few hours I was getting more libido and better sleep.

This could be a coincidence but I don’t think it is.

The active ingredient in it is “zinc pyrithrione”.

It’s raises levels of zinc in the body and removes dead skin/fungus on the scalp.

Upon research I also found a study that says it can help regulate estrogen in the body.

The first time I used it a month ago, I immediately noticed I felt refreshed after getting out of the shower, then getting hard randomly throughout the day.

The next day I went on vacation as I mentioned above, and my libido was through the roof… I couldn’t realize what I had changed, but that was it…

I stayed at that level for maybe a week and then went back to normal. I used a different shampo during that week.

I used the head and shoulders again and within an hour I was getting random boners again and feeling really good.

Now after using it a few times, my hair is falling out and I’m waking up with rock hard morning wood that literally lasts for 10 minutes.

Not sure what to make of this but figured I would post it

2 Likes

I hate to admit this, but after all the life changing bullshit Iv been through with PFS I found myself thinking about getting on Finasteride again to save my hair.

Im not going to clearly…

But I surprised myself with how stupid i could be to consider it after I’m finally almost fully recovered, after over a year of severe sides, just to save my fucking hair… :man_facepalming:

Im going to get a hair transplant and call it a day. Good hair isn’t worth destroying yourself over.

3 Likes

Hey @Itookfinanddutast

Absolutely amazing story and mindset!
I’m in a similar boat as you where I recovered 90% however 1 symptom remains and that’s penile numbness.

Did you have this and recover? Please share your experience

Thanks.

1 Like

It is slowly recovering. I used to only have sensitivity on the sides of my penis head, and now I’m slowly regaining sensitivity all over.

I also noticed when i got PFS the head got darker and has remained like that for a year.

Almost a slightly blueish color as if there was lack of blood flow down there. Now it is becoming pink again as the sensitivity comes back.

Pretty crazy lol

I want to add that all my improvements were super slow up until recently.

I had no improvement until 7 months in, and then it was a super slow upward trend with a bunch of crashes in between.

I literally woke up a few days ago any my hair was falling out in the shower. The quality of it also went back to what is was before FIN. More coarse.

This literally happened overnight. Followed by increased libido, and now I’m waking up REFRESHED. I can’t stress how good that feels.

I feel tired when It gets late and the last few days I have woken up feeling like I had a great nights sleep.

Before this happened a few days ago, I had gotten to a point where I was sleeping 7-8 hours, but was waking up with eye bags and feeling like I didn’t sleep.

2 Likes

Another night of great sleep and waking up refreshed. My body is actually recovering and getting rest like a normal person when they sleep.

I also woke up again today hard as a fucking brick.

The kind where it doesn’t go down for 10 minutes and it’s just an absolute rock :joy:.

I have gotten morning wood throughout this PFS nightmare, but only 1-2 days a week max, and it would only be chubbed not actually hard and went down immediately.

Only downside is I have noticed I have been quick to snap recently, almost kind of aggressive and moody.

I’m assuming it has something to do with my testosterone or hormones, but maybe that’s a good thing as well.

I tested myself by eating all the foods I avoid that crash me, and have had not even the slightest negative reaction. I had Thai food yesterday which has a lot of soy, and felt fine.

Iv also noticed sex doesn’t effect me negatively anymore either. I used ti have a terrible 2-3 nights of sleep if I had sex, along with crash symptoms.

I already was improving a lot before this breakthrough, and was living a normal life as I had posted in this thread, but how the fuck does this all happen overnight???

5 Likes

Hi @Itookfinanddutast could I ask you a question in the name of science if you are still here? Did euphoric/hooked in feelings from music came back in your recovery(or perhaps they never left)?

I’m still here but as I said I intentionally don’t come on here often.

I still am having ups and downs. I was having high libido and now I’m in a downswing, but I’m sure it’s temporary.

Sleep is good

Mood is good for the most part

Mental symptoms are almost normal

Im sure libido will bounce back as it has been recently.

Overall still living a normal life!

3 Likes

Hi Itookfina, great to hear that you are feeling healthier and seeing progress. It’s really great that you have come back to touch base every now and then, as it gives other faith. By the looks of your member story, we stopped Fin around the same time as each other. It’s also great that you posted photos of yourself and family. It shows others that we are all the same: just young normal guys, who got hurt by this drug, but we’ll get through this together. Love your attitude man, it’s strong and just what people need to get through this shit :muscle:.

I am just wondering, for you to experience the changes you say above, have you done anything differently? Or do you put it down to avoiding those foods, and getting plenty of sleep?

I can’t give you a definitive answer on what helped me in all honesty. I think time is a big one. The foods I was avoiding I can eat now with no reaction. I avoid eating them frequently still to be on the safe side.

And also, did you avoid Dairy during your recovery? (ie Milk and Cheese).

Thanks so much for answering. Really means a lot.

Do you feel like taking ALCAR also helped you or played a part in your improvement?

I have seen a few people on here say it helped them improve, and I’m thinking about taking it.

And did you get any Hormonal Blood Tests done, pre-recovery and after?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, and thank you.

I’m not sure if ALCAR helped or if it was time but it can’t hurt to try. I think time is the biggest factor and not stressing. I don’t avoid dairy. I never took blood tests.

I’m not recovered just significantly improved, I still have ups and downs with an upward trend so I believe I will continue to get better with time.

What worked for me may not work for you. I don’t hold the key to recovery. Some people get better some don’t.

If you are seeing improvements there’s a good chance you will be living a normal life in a few years in my opinion.

1 Like

Just wanted to update you guys on where I am at presently! Been feeling great and super “masculine” lately if that makes sense.

It was a lot to type so I made a voice note for you guys if you want to listen lol. It’s the link below

3 Likes

Quick summary for those who don’t want to listen to the voice note clip I posted:

Was already doing really well besides some lingering libido and facial wasting issues

Started going to the gym last month for the first time in 2 years.

Crashed immediately (lasted 4 days)
• no sleep
• depressed
• Felt horrible

Stopped gym until crash was over

Started gym again (4 days since initial crash)

Was able to tolerate it better an crash symptoms disappeared

Face started glowing and is looking like it did pre PFS… Super happy about this

Have been in the gym for a month now lifting heavy with personal trainer 4-5 days a week.

Feeling more masculine and test feels higher?

Feeling great overall.

Negatives:

Since starting gym libido and erection quality has taken a slight dip, but is improving to pre gym baseline.

2 Likes

man, I appreciate u r feeling well. but honestly I think in your case it wasn’t exactly PFS, I mean it for the amount of time and quantity u used the drugs.

I used for less than 2 months and I’m going 3.5 years in and worsening, and I’ve tried every healthy change possible

How long have you been off the saw?

1 Like

Hi @Itookfinanddutast, how are you?

I’m sorry to hear that you crashed again.

Based off your advice nearly 10 months ago, and after reading @Livid171 recovery post, I started on Acetyl L Carnitine in August 2023 and I cycled it just like him (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off). By November 2023 I felt like I was fully recovered, so I stupidly stopped, because nearly all of symptoms, if not all of them, were gone. But within 1 month of stopping, a lot of my symptoms had come back, and I then crashed really hard.

I have recently started cycling it again within the last month, and I feel amazing again. Every On cycle I feel great, and during the Off cycle it feels great too. It’s almost as if you can feel yourself recovering.

The reason I am telling you this, is because I know that you took this supplement a while ago too. I remember when speaking to you, that you attributed some of your recovered symptoms to just time back then.

But if you search for Acetyl L Carnitine here on the forum, or just Carnitine, you will find loads of guys who started cycling, said they then recovered, and then never came back. A lot of them also attributed their recovery to “time”, but they all have the one thing in common: they all cycled Carnitine.

By searching, you will also find guys who just took it everyday and didn’t cycle it, or guys who stopped taking it. They’re the ones who would later start crashing again, and are still here today looking for different answers.

I believe the key is to stick to it for a few years. The guys that came back later and said they’re recovered also said that they were on it for years, whereas some of the guys who only tried it for a few months, always come back to crashing. I believe sticking to it for years won’t be hard to do either, because it feels amazing being on it. All symptoms nearly disappear, and it really gives you energy too.

The other key is to definitely cycle it, not just take it everyday. Based off other’s posts, if you take it everyday, the efficacy wears off. Where as the guys who cycled it were the ones who said they recovered.

Once they come back and say they recovered, they never come back again after that, and have been inactive for years. There has to be something in that.

If I was you, I would really recommend starting on it again, but this time cycling it. If you felt good on it last time, imagine what cycling it would do for you, like the other guys did.

I wish you good luck mate, and hopefully a good recovery soon.

(This is @Livid171’s Recovery post about all of this, for reference):
Livid171’s official post on his recovery
PS: I didn’t take the Rhodiola Rosea like Livid did, because it’s known as a 5ari. He eventually stopped taking that anyway 6 months in. I would recommend avoiding all supplements that are 5ari/or that make you crash. Luckily no one has reported crashing from taking Acetyl L Carnitine on here.

I recovered from that crash I have very mild crashes every few weeks and recover every time at this point feeling better after each one. I’m doing really well. My issue now is I recently tore my meniscus in MMA causing me to be unable to walk and have to deal with paying for surgery out of pocket :rofl:. Welcome to America!

1 Like

My advice is stop the carnitine and go through the hell for a few months. I think the carnitine masks the symptoms temporarily I don’t genuinely think it is a cure. It wasn’t until I quit it and went through hell for a few months as my sides returned that I made it to the other side.

Stop all supplements, go to the gym and lift heavy 4 days a week, do cardio 3 times a week, eat healthy. It will suck and you will feel shitty for several months and then you will likely see improvements slowly.

2 Likes