Italian Study may be dragged out until the end of 2017

This is a post from another PFS related forum:

“Milan study will be published by end of 2016 or soon thereafter if we can raise $50,000 so that Melcangi can use a private hospital to sample the 18 remaining PFS patients. Right now the government run hospital is not allowing Melcangi consistent access to a room such that the study, according to Melcangi, will be dragged out till the end of 2017 unless he can sample patients at a private hospital. Right now the Foundation does not want to spend its money on the private hospital as it has other studies that it plans to fund. However, if we can raise the money the Foundation will put it towards the private hospital”.

We could try to collect this money through a crowd-funding site. If you agree, we could ask the PFS foundation to create a fundraiser. I don’t know if anyone has any other idea.

Can you provide a link to this post? I don’t see it anywhere on any Italian websites.

I do see that many people are making appointments for a Lumbar Puncture with Melcangi & medical staff at a Hospital and then dropping out at the last moment. Which likely costs money.

Maybe best to wait and see what the Brigham and the Baylor find? Hopefully those will be published this year.

Its got nothing to do with you.

I talked to the Foundation, they seem to think that Italy is on schedule funding wise…

[i]"Hi, (name censored)

Not sure where you’re getting that information. But all 3 clinical studies – Brigham, Baylor and Milano – are being funded by the foundation. And all of that funding is on track.

Of course, there will likely be a need for future studies, and we are always interested in raising additional funds for that going forward. So if you’d like to contribute to general fundraising, we’d appreciate it. And the best way to do that is simply make a direct donation the foundation.

Best."[/i]