It seems that another man has left us

This math changed from 88 to 89?

1 Like

I hate this statistic. This number is exponentially higher but many PFS suicides are not attributed to finasteride so they do not get reported or even if that are they still aren’t being reported. This is a misrepresentation of the true number as that number is impossible to ascertain. Axo even mentions this in his paper. Before I went on Fin I saw this number and compared it to the amount of prescriptions and determined that the chance of suicide from finasteride is so low that the number is negligible. There is even a YouTube video on one of the hairloss channels that uses this number to determine the probability of suicide. These long odds and the fact that they are not statistically significant compared to suicide rates in society as a whole actually made me feel safer about going on finasteride. I wish the true numbers were actually reported but that just isn’t possible. It would be good if the foundation made it clear that these are only the ones that have been reported and that this number is likely a lot higher. Or just don’t include the number at all and just state finasteride has been attributed to many suicides due to the extreme symptoms of PFS.

5 Likes

@baitongWu,
I appreciate your concern and sympathy for such things, but I don’t know if you happened to stumble upon this by sort of coincidence or whether you are actively checking the number on a regular basis. In the case of the latter, I would want to advise you for your own mental health not to do so. As @Titan1 correctly pointed out, the actual number is much much higher, and it is bound to significantly increase over time.

I’m very sorry that you need to bear the same pain to care about me. Since I got sick, I can’t control myself. My life is shrouded by PFS. I lose control of my behavior. Although I have a living body, my spirit has been completely broken. I always linger between disappointment and hope. This is my fourth month, At this time, I will think of Mandela’s imprisonment for 19 years, but I can’t live isolated from the world. I have to work and support my family. I hope everyone who commits suicide can rest in peace. I won’t give up the hope of life, but maybe one day I will adapt to this life.

Don’t worry about it! We all have our ups and downs. I hope things will improve for you and you will reach a better baseline.

1 Like