Is Zinc + P5P a 5ar Inhibitor ? (pyridoxal 5 phosphate)

I want to take B6 for mood, energy and to lower prolactin. I have read that Pyridoxine Hydrochloride actually upregulates 5ar and DHT, however I am concerned about potential B6 toxicity and nerve damage at therapeutic doses (50-100mg). P-5-P looks like a promising alternative, but I believe I read somewhere that it’s a 5ar inhibitor, especially when paired with zinc, I can’t find this reference anymore. Does anyone know or have any advice to give to me?

I also just realised I was taking Curcumin which is a 5ar inhibitor, I have stopped taking that now.

Thank you

It depends on your severity! These helped years ago but are now toxic to me. Try very sparingly to start with if u must. They’re 5ars good luck

Thanks! I was taking Zinc+P5P, Curcumin and high dose Omega 3s which are all 5ar inhibitors. I also haven’t had a wet dream or morning wood in weeks, which is a massive change since I was making big progress in this area. Luckily no severe consequences, but I now plan to cease these and try Creatine, Glycine and Taurine to support the 5ar. I hope you are doing much better, all the best :slight_smile:

Those can be bad too creatine crashed me be careful

1 Like