Is this psoriasis?

For some info: I’ve noticed over the past year or so that my right elbow’s skin felt different from my left elbow. I never paid much attention to it, what with all of the other symptoms I have to deal with. But to describe it, the skin sort of felt like sand paper, but never had any obvious deformities or skin effects. It just felt rough, not itchy or tickly, but rough and like sand paper, so I would just avoid rubbing my right elbow on things when possible. Now yesterday, I notice this scab on my right elbow that appeared out of nowhere. I’ve had no recent injury that would cause this, it just spontaneously appeared. Now I’m worried it could be psoriasis, or something worse. I noticed this morning it was bleeding, so I’ve put a bandaid over it.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I will be seeing my doctor in a couple of weeks so hopefully he can tell me, if it’s not gone by then. But I thought I’d be proactive about it and try to get some answers before hand. Thank you in advance for any help.

EDIT: I know this may seem like an extreme response from me given how insignificant the “scab” looks. However keep in mind from my original post that the skin sensation on my right elbow has been odd and much different from my left elbow for about a year. I never really pursued it as I had more pressing symptoms to deal with, but given the spontaneity of the scab, I felt this post was warranted.

Here’s another picture with different lighting.

I don’t know what it is, but I’m pretty sure it’s not psoriasis.

1 Like

Yeah I hope not. It looks worse in to the naked eye than a camera. It was bleeding this morning, which is so weird as again I haven’t injured myself or scraped my elbow on anything lately. I just dont want it to be some rare disease, as i don’t think I can handle that right now.

Does not look like psoriasis. Looks more like a scuff mark. If there’s some swelling around your elbow joint it could also be related to elbow (olecranon) bursitis but that would usually be more towards the larger “bump” 3cm to the side. Which sometimes opens spontaneously.

I would wait for a couple days/weeks to see if heals, it probably will. Rinse it with water twice a day or some mild soap to prevent infection. Don’t scrub/damage.

1 Like

Elbow bursitis, hmm I’ve never heard of that. Upon googling it, I definitely don’t think I have that, but thanks for the info.

Again, I know i’m over reacting, but I thought I’d start early to document it in case it gets any worse. If it does I will post more pictures, as I think it would be a very odd phenomenon and would be worth sharing. But hopefully it’ll go away. Thanks for responding.

There’s a guy in the photographic evidence thread that got something that looks very similar from PFS. But he had it all over his face and what not.

In his case, I do believe he said it was some kind of excess sebum production. Which is probably no the case on your elbow. But it looks very similar.

can you link it to me? i tried searching for it but couldnt find it.