Is there accutane recovery anybody?

Can you state which things cured your sexual symptoms? Do you really feel like your orgasm intensity, both mental and physical came back to normal? Penis sensivity, hardness and its size? Is it all like pre-accutane? That’s frickin awesome dude…! @AccutaneZombie
Im on my 6th year into this shit, although a mild case but getting worse.

If you understand that you’re a mild case why do you even post here as much as you do? Be thankful that you’re not completely screwed up in terms of muscle, skin, hair, brain fog, etc. I’ve even seen posts from you that you’re questioning whether or not you even have PFS…

2 Likes

What I’ve seen work for many is a low carb diet (help heal the gut) that consists of natural foods, avoid 5ari’s and endocrine disruptors when possible. exercise. Sauna and cold baths. Be positive, don’t stress out, be hopeful

1 Like

Does anyone have a link to the list of 5ari foods that moonman apparently posted here somewhere once but that I don’t seem to be able to find?

I agree. I’ve seen those posts all over the forum now. I’m not trying to be rude or anything but maybe your OCD about the condition is a bigger problem than the condition in itself in your case? @Cooper

2 Likes

Guys what have you seen? No i never questioned if i had PFS or not. If i ever did thats a shame of me. Maybe i was just trying to mask the reality of what happened to me? I took it when i was 16, it traumatized my life. I have numb orgasms, thinner penis, almost no semen volume, watery semen and low libido now… Oh and a hourglass flaccid before pee and whatnot. Hope its enough for you. Thanks for giving me positive approach though, yes im aware i have a mild OCD. But i don’t think i make things up in my mind. Maybe before, but not now anymore. I am thankful with my “lucky” situation, i just want to recover.

1 Like

No I’m not questioning whether or not you have those symptoms, just saying that maybe you obsessing over these symotoms is making you suffer more than the symptoms themselves? I mean with those symptoms, I think most people here would just move on with their lives and consider themselves lucky in a sense… Especially that you don’t really have sexual dysfunction even? So you’re capable of having sex normally or atleast close to normal.

1 Like

I’d say time was the biggest factor. I think my time in the military (constantly working out) kick started something too. At this moment, I can get 100 percent rick hard erections, my libido on most days is ravenous like before accutane. I get morning wood, etc. I fantasize about girls. That brain to penis/body connection that you feel when you are attracted to a girl is back. A year ago I was maybe, 60 percent sexually. I am by all means 100 percent I’d say. Can also get erections while standing again…this was also impossible post accutane. I think vit d, k2, etc helped a bit but honestly I think my body just randomly kick started something and thus recovery. The bad thing is, my sexual health is at its best since I took accutane…my mental health is at it’s worse I think. Idk how to explain this but…that’s the case. Horrible paranoia, ocd, depression, anxiety. My brain feels melted.

2 Likes

How long did you take the poison? how much dose did you take

3 months. 40mg. Funny thing is I was prescribed 80mg, but I chose to only take half in an attempt to reduce side effects. If I had taken the full 80 mg for the full 6 months, I’d be even more fucked. I stopped once I noticed i had grown fucking breasts and my dick didn’t work, along with feeling asexual and anhedonic. I had a bunch of other symptoms…but those were the main debilitating ones atm.

Did you have genital shrinkage as well? That’s amazing you recovered your sexual function back! Btw love the Broly avatar!

1 Like

Thanks! Yup, post accutane I shrank maybe 1-1.4 inches. All back now.

2 Likes

The past 5 years have been an enigma. Immediately Post accutane, mentally…yeah I had a bit of depression, anxiety and bad anhedonia…but nothing too dibilitating to were I couldn’t function, went to work, went to the gym etc. My sexual function was pretty much zero though, which made me depressed but not in that unbeatable chemical depression way, you know? 1 year later is when shit really hit the fan. I honestly feel like in some ways my mental health is the worse it’s ever been (psychosis, paranoia,
ocd, literally feel like I’m losing my mind on an almost daily basis) since my run with accutane, but in other ways it’s not…

1 Like

Have you ever got your hormones tested? Does your recovery correlate with improving test results? LH/FSH/Testosterone/SBHG etc…

The recoveries I have read so far happen almost all the time with normal hormone profiles throughout.

Yeah man, that primal sexual urge is 100 percent back. Sexually I am 98-100 percent, physically I am 80% (only thing left is cfs, gerd, ibs). Mentally I’m like 40 percent. Maybe my body is just slowly dealing with every aspect one at a time? Maybe my physical health will be next, then mental…idk. I feel like time can eventually resolve it for most people, and some not so much. Recently, my severe poo pellet constipation has been getting better. I am actually pooping good without laxatives, something that’s been nearly impossible for years now. I think time heals most wounds. The hardest thing will definitely be my mental health. I feel like for some, like in my case, the switch that accutane/propecia flipped will randomly be flipped back. Whether that’s due to the body eventually reaching homeostasis from time, suppliments, or whatever. Who knows

1 Like

Never had my hormones tested. I retain muscle/low body fat extremely easily, I have a deep voice, my gyno is gone, female fat distribution is gone, alpha feeling is back (these things were the opposite post tane). Just from how I look and feel I know my androgens are very high/normal. The issue (especially in accutanes case) is WAAAYYY beyond hormones. It causes physical changes to brain structure and cell death in every part of your body along with over 600 gene cbanges. Hormones are only one piece of the puzzle. I am at my best hormonally/physically since accutane but my mental health is at it’s worse (in some ways

Yes true. the pattern is that if you keep your androgens it is more likely that you will recover…

i think symptoms are not linked to dosage. i had 20mg/day for 6 days. i have all symptoms like you. some people had 120mg/day for 1 year with any symptoms. Even 2-3 courses.

1 Like

I think taking alcohol while on accutane is a statistically significant parameter.
And if you are exposed to other anti-androgens ( rogaine, saw palmetto, fin/dut…)

How did you get rid of your gyno ? My left nipple has always been a source of embarrassment since the age of 13 when I took it and I think it’s worse now actually